3. Better performance: turbo-charge WAS caching layer via eXtreme Scale “Drop-In” cache with no coding changes
4. Better scalability: Entire eXtreme Scale grid is now your WAS cache
5. More efficient: Single seamless network cache to store data</li></ul>Challenges <br /><ul><li>Web applications that use (WAS) Dynamic Cache service and need better performance and scalability of their caching investment</li></ul>“Drop-In” extension for Dynamic Cache Service Provider<br />
6. Dynacache-WXS Architecture<br />
7. Why use WXS Dynacache Plugin ?<br /><ul><li>Robust caching solution for expensive operations within a transaction and web page snippets.
8. Leverages the power of a distributed and scalable cache architecture.
9. Larger, more flexible caches -Large Commerce and Portal deployments show significant improvements
10. No DRS - Works across core groups and data centers
11. Lightweight secure mode available for remote grid clients to protect cache contents
12. Highly Available Transactional cache with improved scalability on multi-processor machines
13. Guaranteed QOS - Distributed transactions and locks. Data is replicated and everyone sees the same cache
14. Data Compression - Cache contents can be compressed, which is VERY effective on text snippets, significantly increasing perceived cache size.</li></li></ul><li>Use Case: Improve WebSphere Application Server DynaCache applications <br />Scenario<br />Applications using the DynaCache API can leverage the advanced features and performance improvements of eXtreme Scale<br />DynaCache evictors, dependency based invalidation functions, and event listeners can be used on the WXS cache<br />DynaCache can keep statistics for each ObjectGrid instance<br />Benefits <br />DynaCache can keep statistics for each ObjectGrid instance<br />Can replicate DynaCache instances across cells<br />In-memory compression is supported in distributed cache topologies<br />DynaCache plugin enables usage with WebSphere Commerce and Portal servers<br />Using this feature, it is possible to replace multiple instances of a disk cache with a single distributed in-memory instance of the cache<br />Key decision factors for using WXS for the scenario<br />Consider the limitations of eXtreme Scale when using the dynamic cache service: It emulates DynaCache and is not a replacement for it<br />