•OpenGeoscience was published on the BBC
News Online site on Monday 7th Dec.
•Fifth most read story of the day on the entire
BBC website with 300,000 page impressions
•"most shared" story, with double the number
of referrals of any other story.
Networks may not be
open to all
emerge when online
Citizen Services in 2015?
• Most contact via mobile devices and is two-way
• Themed interactions...and citizens decide the
• Website is (just) home base
• Many data sources/sensors public and non-public
• Applications more widely shared around
• A final thought...despite these wider trends the
battle to convince public sector leadership of the
value of location has not yet been won.