Photo by Harsha K R via Flickr CC
For sale: baby shoes,
Photo by JDHancock via Flickr CC
WHY TELL A STORY?
Top 10 reasons to tell a story from Lead with a Story by Paul Smith
1. Storytelling is simple.
2. Storytelling is timeless.
3. Storytelling is demographic – proof.
4. Stories are contagious.
5. Stories are easy to remember.
6. Stories inspire.
7. Stories appeal to all types of learners.
8. Stories fit better where most of the workplace learning happens.
9. Stories put the listener in learning mode.
10. Stories show respect for the audience.
In short – everywhere.
Communicate a vision for
Define mission & values
Inspire & Motivate
HOW CAN WE USE STORIES?
Any time you need to communicate a message,
ask this question:
Is there a story I can tell that will make this
HOW DO WE FIND STORIES?
Train yourself to be a story catcher
HOW TO FIND GOOD STORIES
Be a good listener.
Follow your curiosity.
Be a student of people
Ask people to share their stories.
Search review sites & social media – Google, Yelp, Twitter, Facebook
Have an open door policy – ask for them on your website and social media sites.