Keaton Swett Monday, June 21, 2010
What is SlideShare
- Public sharing of documents, pdf files, presentations and more
- Rising popularity – approx. 25 million visitors per month
- Newly introduced video upload capabilities – 500 megabyte size limit – 5 videos per month
Primary Capabilities of SlideShare
- Allows companies to create and sponsor specific micro-sites, i.e. “channels” on SlideShare.net
- Companies can organize channels around specific topics, brands, or product launches
- Provides easy way to focus SlideShare content on a certain topic in a specific location.
- With AdShare, companies can advertise their content which pops up based on user preferences
- Similar to personalized ads on other internet sites.
- LeadShare allows companies to use SlideShare as a lead generation tool
- Users are prompted to provide contact info before, during, or after a presentation.
- Leads collected with LeadShare are opt-in, making the leads people who are interested in the content and have willfully opted-in to fill out the lead form.
What does a SlideShare presentation look like?
How SlideShare can benefit Oracle PR
- Internal training meetings with HQ teams
- Product launches and demos with media and bloggers