1. Marketing with Online Video Using Video - Awareness to Advocacy Presented by Fliqz, Inc. and Shycast.com January 28, 2009
2. Introductions <ul><li>Speakers: </li></ul><ul><li>Kris Drey </li></ul><ul><li>Vice President of Product & Marketing, Fliqz </li></ul><ul><li>Dayton Keane </li></ul><ul><li>Vice President of Sales, Fliqz </li></ul><ul><li>Drew Peloso </li></ul><ul><li>CEO, ShyCast </li></ul>
3. Agenda <ul><li>Online Marketing with Video </li></ul><ul><li>Introduction </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Who Is Fliqz and Who is ShyCast </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Online Marketing in 2009 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>The Customer Life Cycle </li></ul></ul><ul><li>How Video Impacts and Effects the Customer Life Cycle </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Brand Awareness : Driving Traffic to Your Site </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Engagement : Keeping Visitors on Your Site </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Evaluation : Turning Visitors into Prospects </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Purchase : Turning Prospects into Customers </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Loyalty : Turning Customers into Advocates </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Q&A </li></ul>
4. Fliqz <ul><li>Founded in 2005, Fliqz provides plug-and-play video solutions to over 35,000 websites, content delivery partners, publishing platforms, and web development partners. Fliqz provides top to bottom online video services including: </li></ul><ul><li>Video playback in custom, branded video players </li></ul><ul><li>Encoding services accepting all file formats (both professional and UGC content) </li></ul><ul><li>Video streaming via a content delivery network </li></ul><ul><li>Asset management and analytics </li></ul><ul><li>Video advertising (pre-roll, post-roll, overlay, etc.) </li></ul>Sample list of Fliqz customers:
5. Shycast <ul><li>Dedicated to bringing our clients closer to their customers through fun and innovative campaigns, while driving real ROI. </li></ul><ul><li>Numerous online video contests, sweepstakes and online games run for big brands, SME’s, and premier not-for-profits. </li></ul><ul><li>Over 50 hours of UGC produced for clients, over 8,000 hours of viewing branded UGC for our clients. </li></ul>Shycast is the leading producer of integrated online video contests for your website. Shycast provides the technology and services that turns your web presence into a fully functioning, totally integrated, video contest that engages your customers, generates tens of thousands of qualified leads, and results in inspirational user-generated content that prominently features your brand. We offer a turnkey service and take care of all contest aspects so you can focus on the bigger picture. Shycast's mission is to bring your site to life.
6. Online Video Marketing 2009 <ul><li>71% believe that online video can help build brand awareness. </li></ul><ul><li>47% expect online video to increase engagement for their business. </li></ul><ul><li>41% see that online video will convert customers . </li></ul><ul><li>44% believe online video will improve customer loyalty. </li></ul><ul><li>and </li></ul><ul><li>67% identified online video as a primary focus of their ‘09 digital marketing campaigns. </li></ul>In a recent study conducted by permissionTV of 400+ senior-level decision makers it was determined that:
7. The Customer Life Cycle 1. AWARENESS 3. ENGAGEMENT 4. PURCHASE 5. LOYALTY 2. EVALUATION <ul><li>The Customer Life Cycle is the progression of steps a customer goes through when considering a product or service. </li></ul>
8. Customer Life Cycle: Awareness <ul><li>Sharing & Syndication </li></ul><ul><li>Viral Marketing </li></ul>1. AWARENESS <ul><li>Video perpetuates brand awareness </li></ul><ul><li>Empowers your customers </li></ul><ul><li>Ubiquitously distributes content across the Web </li></ul>
9. Awareness: Sharing & Syndication Videos, unlike photos or audio, have built-in social functions allowing viewers to redistribute your videos from within the content itself. Email sharing, embed codes, and permalinks empower your customers to become your personal viral distribution points, and Word Of Mouth ambassadors. Another key element of viral video marketing is Video SEO in the form of Titles, Descriptions, and Tags which are attached to each unique video and pushed out to the web via Media RSS. With a few simple clicks your content can be syndicated out to all the major search engines, and posted onto any social site.
10. Awareness: Viral Marketing <ul><li>WOM (word of mouth) </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Twitter </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Social Sites </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Personal blogs </li></ul></ul>AUDIENCE REACH <ul><li>Industry buzz </li></ul><ul><li>Trade blogs </li></ul><ul><li>News sites </li></ul>National Press Viral propagation really heats up going on the web. Do the basic blocking and tackling that ensures appropriate social media outlets know and understand your program. With contests, tune-in to the most likely finalists and make outreach to their local media part of your plan. Spread the most promising entries to your social media contacts and through Social Networks and other social tools. Craft a story for national coverage, and pitch your most inspiring entries to national media.
11. Customer Life Cycle: Evaluation A. Corporate Messaging <ul><li>Introductions </li></ul><ul><li>Reviews </li></ul><ul><li>Demos </li></ul>2. EVALUATION Video helps potential customers evaluate your products and services through introductions, reviews, and demos either with proprietary content or user generated content (UGC).
12. Evaluation: Corporate Messaging <ul><li>Company Bios </li></ul><ul><li>Product Highlights </li></ul><ul><li>Internal messaging </li></ul>Corporate messaging is an especially effective form of communication, offering an engaging way for prospects to be introduced to your company and brand. Fliqz customer Progress Software utilizes video on their home page and throughout the site to demonstrate and define corporate goals and product offerings.
13. Customer Life Cycle: Engagement <ul><li>Video directly engages customers, giving them an opportunity to express their brand sentiments publicly </li></ul>3. ENGAGEMENT <ul><li>Video Contest </li></ul><ul><li>Comparison Videos </li></ul>
14. Engagement: Video Contests • Video used to directly engage customers on your site • An End-to-End solution, including video upload and storage • Entertaining and valuable UGC – your customers making commercials with your brand • Thousands of highly qualified leads • Highly effective email list multiplier • As close of a relationship as you can get with your customers online Video contests bring your site to life. There are three distinct value propositions you should consider: 1) Traffic - Contests will drive tens of thousands of people to interact with your brand, site, and products on your site. 2) Leads - Contests enable you to capture more demographic information than most programs...take advantage. 3) Content - Your customers will create inspiring videos that feature your brand in the best light...use them on your site, at conferences, and to approach media.
15. Engagement: Comparison Videos Another engaging use of video is Comparison Videos. Fliqz customer Edmunds plasters the CarSpace blog with auto comparison videos helping the customer to feel as if they are actually sitting in and driving the cars. Video is the next best thing to actually holding or testing a product in person. There’s not a stronger, more compelling experience on the Web than combining pictures with sound. It used to be that the main barrier to entry for publishers of video content was the production costs. But today, companies like TurnHere, StudioNow, EyeView have significantly lowered the cost of production allowing anyone to create highly engaging video online.
16. Customer Life Cycle: Purchase <ul><li>Video can help convert prospects into customers with product videos, which increase conversion rates. </li></ul>4. PURCHASE <ul><li>Product Reviews </li></ul>A recent eMarketer report states that the number of online shoppers who watched retail videos grew by 40% last year. They went on to say that a product video or demo can give consumers a sense of how an item actually works, and ecommerce videos can reduce abandoned shopping carts and increase sales.
17. Purchase: Product Videos Customers that watch videos convert at twice the rate of customers who do not. - David Witzig, Manager of E-Commerce at ShopNBC.com Online videos produce “a substantial lift,” in sales. -William Lynch, EVP of Marketing at HSN.com Fliqz customer ComputerShopper uses video to virtually place products in the customer’s hands again reinforcing the sentiment that there’s no better experience other than actually holding and playing with the product itself. ComputerShopper has hundreds of product videos offering deep, rich experiences with laptops, desktops, printers, and cell phones which increase sales and promote site stickiness.
18. Customer Life Cycle: Loyalty <ul><li>Video plays a significant role in social media and person to person communication </li></ul>5. LOYALTY <ul><li>User Communities </li></ul><ul><li>Help, How-to, and FAQ </li></ul>Video is part of the foundation of a growing, thriving customer experience which occurs directly on your site and keeps users coming back. Video can be used enhance user communities, offer on-site assistance via training videos, help and how-tos.
19. Loyalty: User Communities <ul><li>Online communities help companies connect with their audience thereby enhancing site stickiness with increased number of visits and length of stay. </li></ul>Dogster, another Fliqz customer has seen a significant uptick in its user communities since adding video. Their users are able to post videos, comment on them, rate them, and engage in one-to-one or one-to-many conversations increasing time spent on site, the number of page turns, and brand loyalty.
20. Is video right for you? Is an online video solution right for your business? <ul><li>Identify your target audience </li></ul><ul><li>Develop your online video strategy </li></ul><ul><li>Find an online video solution that provides top to bottom services </li></ul>
21. Q&A What are the typical costs associated with Fliqz service? The Fliqz packages are straightforward, flat fee-based starting at $99/mo. and go up to $999/mo. Please see the Fliqz site for details: http://www.fliqz.com/aspx/packages.aspx What are some of the things that should be considered prior to launching a video initiative? Be sure to know the costs of implementing a video solution from top to bottom including cost of implementation, cost of management, and cost of deliver (bandwidth, storage, etc.). Also know in advance what your desired results are from your program, be it incremental revenue, increased users and site stickiness, additional page views (and thereby additional ad impressions). Why not just use YouTube? Fliqz, unlike YouTube, is not a portal. We don’t want your traffic but rather we want to support your brand and ROI by driving traffic to your site. That’s why our packages are completely customizable supporting your brand with your company watermark, start/end screens, and logos. Viewers will be driven to your site to watch videos rather than to YouTube who hijacks your customers thereby making them their own. Do you do video production? Fliqz does not produce video content but there are several businesses today that offer reasonably priced production services such as TurnHere, and EyeView.
22. Special Offers Fliqz Special Offer Sign up or refer a friend to Fliqz in the next 15 days and get a FREE month of service (12 month contract required). Use offer code GOCARDS . SPECIAL BONUS: If the Cardinals win the Super Bowl you’ll get TWO FREE MONTHS off of a regularly priced, 12 month Fliqz package. Call for details: 888-323-5479.
23. Contact <ul><li>For further information, visit Fliqz at: </li></ul><ul><li>www.fliqz.com – Packages, case studies, customer list. </li></ul><ul><li>blog.fliqz.com – Random musings on all things online video. </li></ul><ul><li>faq.fliqz.com – Getting started, technical information, FAQ. </li></ul><ul><li>You can also contact us at: </li></ul><ul><li>(888) 323-5479 </li></ul><ul><li>Kris Drey- [email_address] or Dayton Keane- [email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>Twitter- @Fliqz </li></ul><ul><li>For ShyCast information, you can visit: </li></ul><ul><li>www.shycast.com </li></ul><ul><li>(609) 306-5323 </li></ul><ul><li>Drew Peloso- [email_address] </li></ul>