2. The Chanukah Menorah Is notthe same as the Menorah in the Beis Hamikdash.
3. The Menorah in the BeisHamikdash had 7 lights.
4. The Chanukah Menorah Has eight lights on it!
5. This Reminds us of the miracle of the oil that burned 8 days! I Cant believe its still burning!! Can you imagine!
6. Chanukah begins on the evening of the25th of Kislev and continues for eight days
7. For the entire eight days of Chanukah it is forbidden to fast or to eulogize Oh! its Chanuka, h I have to eat! !
8. Sometimes working is not a good idea!
9. It is customary for women not to work for at least the first half hour of the candles burning.. Yeah! I get a break from work I cant wait I cant wait for for Chanukah Chanukah
10. The types ofactivities thatare forbiddenare things like sewing and laundry etc.
11. She is still allowed to do cooking I hope that theyI wish I could leave us some be playing Latkes! Dradel!
12. There is no obligation to have festive meals;however it is customary to celebrate by eating special meals anyway,because of the fact that the dedication of the Beis Hamikdash and Mizbeiach took place during Chanukah.
13. It is customary to eat milk foods because Yehudis, daughter ofYochanan the High Priest, was taken to be defiled by the Greek ruler Holofernes. Dairy Dairy
14. She fed him cheese (to make him thirsty) and wine (to quench his thirst. When he got drunk she cut off his headI was crazy for eating that cheese.
15. I was crazy for eating that cheese.
16. and after getting him drunk she killed him
17. There is acustom to eat foodfried in oil
19. It is a minhag to eat donuts on Chanuka
20. I can`t wait to bite into this donut
21. I cant wait tobite into theperson! !
22. Sufganiot Snow Man
23. One should increase in giving Tzedakah during Chanukah , especially for poor people that learn Torah.
24. We are obligated to light aMenorah on Chanukah and one should even borrowmoney to fulfill this mitzvah.
25. He needs to borrow enough to light 44 lights. 36 for the days and 8 more for the shamash
26. Remember ! The need to do a Mitzvah does not allow you to do an Aveirah!!!Right! Wrong!
27. If a poor person needs Please someone, money for Chanukah Just someone, givecandles the community is me money for obligated to provide for menorah oil!!!!! him money for menorah oil
28. I Got It!
29. Any type of oil is acceptable for use in the menorah.
30. However, it is best touse olive oil, becausethe miracle happened with olive oil.
31. I Told You that I am the best!
32. I am too lazy to turn on the lights on Chanukah because my leg is broken. The law is tolight the Neiros
33. The light should be clear, and the wicks should not flicker If you dont have olive oil, choose an oil thatburns with a clean clear flame
34. If you need to use candles the best one to use is made of beeswax
35. You may like my wax, but you sure won`t like me!!!
36. The candle must haveonly one wick
37. We cannot use aHavadala h candlethat must havehave two or more wicks
38. The Kaf Hachaim (60) brings down the Sefer Chesed LAvraham,that there are 15 vessels that are fit forlighting the Chanukah candles in them
39. Gold, Silver, Copper like Gold, red copper, Iron, Tin, Lead, Glass, Wood, Bone, Clay (pottery) covered with Lead,plain Pottery, Pomegranate peels, Walnut shell, Oak Wood peelings
43. Walnut shell
44. Pomegranate peels
45. Once a person has used an earthenware lamp on one night, it [deteriorates andbegins to look] old,and therefore maynot be used again, because it is disgusting ("maus"). Clay
48. The Shaare Teshuvah (O.C. 673:3:8) brings down the Chesed LAvraham, who says that a person should not light in egg shells or onion peels
49. You mean I can`t help …or onion peels for chanukah!Dont feel bad! you’re awesometasting in me!
50. ThisMenorah is Kasher Liachila but notLihadlakah
51. Regarding Chanukah, the Talmud statesthat there are three levels of fulfilling the mitzvah of lighting candles: Those who are "mehadrin" beyond mere "mehadrin" ("mehadrin min hamehadrin") light one candle on the first night, and add one extra candle on each subsequent night, ending with eight candles on the final night Those who are "mehadrin" have each member of the family light one candle on each night of Chanukah. One can fulfill the mitzvah by lighting one candle per household per night
52. a) One can fulfill themitzvah by lighting onecandle per household pernight
53. b) Those who are "mehadrin" have each member ofthe family light one candle on eachnight of Chanukah.
54. c) Those who are "mehadrin" beyond mere "maharini" ("mehadrin minhamehadrin") light one candle on the first night, and add one extra candle on each subsequent night, ending with eight candles on the final night
55. This person got eight cars for presents. Anther one every night of Chanukah
56. The word "mehadrin" comes from the word "hidur" which means "beauty," and refers to those who make their mitzvos beautiful (SeeRambam, Laws of Chanukah 4:1: "Mehader es hamitzvos"). We are encouraged to purchase beautiful mitzvah objects, such as a beautiful lulav, a beautiful shofar and beautiful tzitziz,based on the verse in Exodus 15:2: "This is my G-d, and I will make Him beautiful."
57. To best publicize the miracle, the menorah is ideally lit outside the doorway ofyour house, on the left sidewhen entering. (The mezuzah is on the right side; in this way you are "surrounded by mitzvot.")
58. In Israel, many people light outside inspecial glass boxes built for a menorah.
59. If this is not practical, the menorah should belit in a window facing the public thoroughfare
60. Someone wholives on anupper floorshould light ina window
61. Menorah Lighting in the K`tonton Family If for some reason the menorah cannot be lit by a window, it may be lit inside the house on a table; this at least fulfills the mitzvah of "publicizing the miracle" for the members of the household
62. The menorah cannot bemore than 20 Amah high!
63. One cannot fulfillthe Commandment to light theChanukah Menorahby using an electric Menorah
64. To publicize which night of Chanukah it is,all eight candles on the menorahshould be at the same height --and preferably in a straight line. Otherwise, thecandles may not be easily distinguishableand may appear like a big torch The Chanukah Chair Menorah by Richard Wessner Sterling Silver $2,100.00
65. lights, the menorah has an extra helper candle called the "Shamash." As we are forbidden to use the Chanukah lights for any purpose other than "viewing," any benefit is as if its coming from the ShamashIn addition to the eight main lights, the menorah has an extra helper candle called the "Shamash." As we are forbidden to use theChanukah lights for any purpose other than "viewing," any benefit is as if its coming from the ShamashThe shamash is the candle which is used to light the other candles. The light of this candle may be used for lighting other candles,whereas the flame of the other candles may not be used for lighting other Chanukah candles.
66. Since the Shamash does not count as one of the eight regular lights, your menorah should have the Shamash setapart in some way -- either placed higherthan the other candles, or off to the side
67. While we The reason that the can look at Chachamim the prohibited flames, And benefiting from the Chanukah lights ismany have a so that it should beMinhag to sit clear to one andin front of the all, that they have been lit for the sake Menorah of the Mitzvah (towhile it burns spread the we are not miracle), and not supposed to for ones own personal use use and get (Levush). From thedirect benefit text of Haneiros from them. Halalu however, the This is reason for the reflected by prohibition would the last lines appear to be in Haneiros connected with the sanctity of the Halulu. lights.
68. When the stars appear, theevening prayers are recitedand is followed immediately by the lighting of the Chanukah lights.
69. But many light the Menorah shortly aftersunset , priorto the evening prayers
70. But many light theMenorah shortly after sunset , prior to the evening prayers
71. On Friday afternoon, the menorah should be lit 18 minutes before sundown. And since the menorah needs to burn for 30 minutes into the night, the candles used on Fridayneed to be bigger than the regular "colored candles" (which typically dont burn longer than a half-hour).
72. This can be compared to someone who placed the Menorah in a location where the wind is bound to blow out the lamps, in which case he is obliged to re-kindle them. And in the case of lighting on Erev shabbos, it will not be possible to rekindle them when they eventually go out, one will also have We usually are Shabbos recited a candles that burn rather Brachahlong. This night we are just levatoloh (amoonlighting as Chanukah Brachah in ones. vain [See Beer Heitev, 673:11]).
73. There are three Brachos which are recited when the Chanukah candles are lit.•"Baruch ata Ado-nai, Elo-heinu Melech haolam, Asher kidshanu bmitzvosav vtzivanu lhadlik ner shel Chanukah" •Blessed are You, Hashem our G-d, King of the universe, Who has sanctified us with His commandments, and has commanded us to Kindle the Chanukah light. "Baruch ata Ado-nai, Elo-heinu Melech haolam, Sheasah nisim laavoseinu, bayamim hahem bazman hazeh" Blessed are You, Hashem our G-d, King of the universe, Who has wrought miracles for our forefathers, in those days at this season. Recited on the first night only"Baruch ata Ado-nai, Elo-heinu Melech haolam, Shehecheyanu, vekiyemanu vehigianu lazman hazeh“ Blessed are You, Hashem our G-d, King of the universe, Who has kept us alive, sustained us, and brought us to this season.
74. Israel The minimum obligation isthat every household should have one candle burning every night