Earthquakes All about earthquakes By: Noe Mexicano and Thomas Gainey
- Stress that squeezes rock until it folds or breaks.
- In a normal fault the hanging wall slips down relative to the foot wall
Strike Slip Fault
- Strike slip fault is Rock on either side
- Of a rock strike slip fault
- A reverse fault the hanging wall moves up relative to the foot wall.
- A plateau is a large area of flat land elavaeated high above sea level.
- A downward fold in a rock formed by compression In earth’s crust.
- Stress is a face that acts on rock to change it’s shape or volume
- Tension pulls on the crust stretching rock so that it becomes thinner in the middle
Click here to watch a earth quake video
- Shearing- can cause masses of rock
- A fold in rock that bends upward into an
- The block of rock that the upper half