Earthquakes Nhyeisha &Verenice Core.1 Mrs. Collazo science
Strike –Slip Fault
- A strike –slip fault is a type of fault were rocks on either side move past each other sideways
- Stress that pushes a mass of rock in opposite directions
- Compression squeezes rock and make it fold that causes syncline which is a downward fold in rock caused by compression
- Stress is a force that happens when rock changes its shape or volume
- A plateau is a large area of flat land
- Stress that stretches rock so it became thinner.
- Hanging wall is something that helps the upper part of a fault.
- A reversed fault is when the rock of the crust is pushed together
- A normal fault is when the hanging wall slides downward which is caused by tension
- The block of rock that forms the lower half of a fault