3. PRESS KITSecond Qualifying Round 7 - 12 March 2013 Belgium
4. Dear friends of footballIt is a great honour for the Belgian FA’s regional committee of Limburg to welcome you here for thesecond qualifying round of the Women’s U17 European Championship.This is the first of four second qualifying rounds with the other three later to be organized in Austria,France and the Czech Republic. The four winners of each tournament will qualify for what withoutany doubt will become a very high standard European Championship in June in Nyon, Switzerland.We will make sure we’ll do everything within our power to turn this tournament in a very big success.Hospitality and organizational skills are one of the big qualities of our people whom I thank alreadynow for all their efforts.The draw for this tournament was certainly in our favour with neighbouring countries Germany andThe Netherlands together with Denmark competing with host Belgium for a place in the finaltournament.The Belgian FA is very concerned with the development of Women’s football and for us thistournament is a great opportunity to make more girls and young women start playing football.It is our sincere hope that every participating team will have a great week here in Limburg and willenjoy a sensational tournament in a fair play atmosphere.May the best team win !Gilbert TimmermansMember Executive Committee RBFATournament Director
5. CONTENTI. Match calendarII. Tournament regulationsIII. Match venues and training groundsIV. AccommodationsV. UEFA delegation and refereesVI. FixturesVII. Human resourcesVIII. The teamsIX. History The UEFA European Women’s Under-17 Championship trophy.
7. II. Tournament regulations The UEFA European Womens Under-17 Championship consists of three distinct stages: two qualifying rounds and a four-team final tournament. Nyon (Switzerland) will host the final tournament from 25 until 28 June 2013. First qualifying round The competition begins with one-venue four-team mini-tournaments, although the nations with the highest UEFA coefficient may be given byes to the second qualifying round. The winners of the groups go through along with the required number of runners-up with the best record against the first and third-placed teams, to ensure there are 16 sides in the next phase. Second qualifying round The 16 teams are drawn into four groups of four teams. The groups are played as one-venue mini-tournaments with the winners progressing to the finals. Final tournament The final tournament is a knockout event staged in UEFAs home town of Nyon, Switzerland. The winners of second qualifying round Groups 1 and 2 meet in one semi-final and the other two contenders play in the other tie. The winners meet in the final and the losers in a match for third place.
8. III. Match venues and training grounds KVV Thes Sport Tessenderlo Sportlaan 4 - 3980 Tessenderlo Denmark - Belgium Thu 7 March 4 pm Denmark - Netherlands Tue 12 March 5 pm KVK Beringen Koolmijnlaan - 3581 Beringen Netherlands - Germany Thu 7 March 7 pm Netherlands - Belgium Thu 9 March 7 pm
9. KSK Tongeren Vrijheidweg 9 - 3700 Tongeren Germany - Denmark Thu 9 March 4 pm Belgium - Germany KSK Tongeren 5 pmTraining GroundsThese are the training grounds allocated to each team. BELGIUM Sportcentrum Pietersheim K. Lanaken VV Sportstraat 3620 Lanaken DENMARK B-cmpl. "Klein Veldje" KSK Tongeren Luikersteenweg (ingang Rietmusweg) 3700 Tongeren GERMANY Jeugdcomplex KRC Genk KRC Genk Stadionplein 4 3600 Waterschei NETHERLANDS Complex Patro Maasmechelen K. Patro Eisden Louis Mercierlaan 64 Maasmechelen 3630 Maasmechelen
10. IV. AccommodationsThese are the hotels that have been selected for the teams, the referees and the UEFA delegates. Eurotel Teams + Delegations Address : Koning Albertlaan 264, 3620 Lanaken Phone : ++32 (0) 89 72 28 22 E-mail : email@example.com Website : www.eurotel-lanaken.be NH Molenvijver Genk UEFA Observers + Referees Address : Koning Albertlaan 264, 3620 Lanaken Phone : ++32 (0) 89 36 41 50 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Website : www.nh-hotels.be
11. V. UEFA delegation and referees The following members of UEFA have been appointed : Jeannette Good (Finland) : Match Delegate Eva Odlund (Sweden) : Referee Observer The following international referees were designated by UEFA : Martha Frias Acedo (Spain) Sarah Garratt (England) Ruzanna Petrosyan (Armenia) The following international assistant referees were designated by UEFA : Rocio Puente Pino (Spain) Rebecca Welsh (England) Hasmik Gharibyan (Armenia) The Belgian Central Referee Commission appointed the following referees : Virginie Derouaux Maria Etienne
12. VI. Fixtures Thursday 7 March 2013 Denmark - Belgium Tessenderlo 16:00 KVV Thes Sport Tessenderlo Sportlaan 4 - 3980 Tessenderlo Referees Martha Frias Acedo (SPA) Rocio Puente Pino (SPA) Hasmik Gharibyan (ARM) Ruzanna Petrosyan (ARM) UEFA Delegate / Observer Eva Odlund (SWE) Netherlands - Germany Beringen 19:00 KVK Beringen Koolmijnlaan - 3581 Beringen Referees Sarah Garratt (ENG) Rebecca Welsh (ENG) Maria Etienne (BEL) Virginie Derouaux (BEL) UEFA Delegate / Observer Jeanette Good (FIN)
15. VII. Human resources The Organisation Committee of this tournament : Tournament Director Gilbert TIMMERMANS Assistant of the Tournament Director Willy BROCKMANS Liaison Officer of the UEFA Delegate Guy CRAYBEX Liaison Officer of the UEFA Referee Observers Johny VANSPAUWEN Venue Director Jean JEURISSEN Liaison Officer of Belgium Betty VAN PROEYEN Liaison Officer of Denmark Guy DIRIKX Liaison Officer of Germany Ludo HERMANS Liaison Officer of The Netherlands Guy DELIVEYNE Transport Manager Willy BROCKMANS Coordination Manager Piet HUYS Marketing Manager Emmanuelle PUTTAERT Medical Officer Elke VANDENSTEEN
16. VIII. The teams Royal Belgian Football Association
17. BELGIUM U17 Lotte Aertsen Henriette Awete Tine De Caigny Inne De Smet Noémie Gelders 07-02-1996 20-01-1997 09-06-1997 28-01-1997 15-11-1996 K Lierse SK R. Standard de Liège FC Herl. Vrasene K. Rupel Boom F.C. RSC Anderlecht 13 caps 0 caps 6 caps 4 caps 6 caps 10 goals 0 goals 2 goals 0 goals 2 goalsValentine Hannecart Isabelle Iliano Diede Lemey Amber Maximus Justien Odeurs 20-01-1996 02-03-1997 07-10-1996 12-01-1997 30-05-1997 R. Standard de Liège FC Eendr. Zele RSC Anderlecht FC Sparta Petegem Sint-Truiden 18 caps 4 caps 9 caps 5 caps 3 caps 1 goal 2 goals 0 goals 3 goals 0 goalsShayna Raekelboom Margaux Van Ackere Charlotte Van Ishoven Chloe Van Mingeroet Bieke Vandenbussche 01-08-1996 13-11-1996 20-10-1997 18-03-1997 18-03-1997FC Femina WS Woluwe Thor Kokerij Meldert K. Lierse SK K Lierse SK Club Brugge KV 17 caps 6 caps 3 caps 5 caps 6 caps 4 goals 7 goals 2 goals 0 goals 0 goals Jody Vangheluwe Silke Vanwynsberghe Jolien Varewyck Joëlle Piron Luc Bosmans 15-07-1997 24-04-1997 26-07-1996 Coach Assistant-CoachSporting West Harelbeke FC Herl. Vrasene AA Gent Ladies AA Gent Ladies AA Gent Ladies 5 caps 3 caps 2 caps 2 caps 2 caps 0 goals 1 goal 0 goals 0 goals 0 goals
18. Danish Football AssociationTEAMGoalkeepers : Thora Hansen, Naja BahrenscheerDefenders : Christina Beck, Stine Larsen, Maja Kildemoes, Louise Ringsing, Rikke SeveckeMidfielders : Laura Pedersen, Julie Dahl, Sara Thrige Andersen, Mathilde Jessen, Mathilde WichmannForwards : Rikke Dybdahl, Sarah Hansen, Kamilla Ørskov Jensen, Marie Maj Madsen, Camilla Knudsen,Nicoline SørensenCoach : Anders With Damgaard (DEN)
19. German Football AssociationTEAMGoalkeepers : Julia Gornowitz (2/0), Miriam Hanemann (4/0)Defenders : Michaela Brandenburg (8/0), Felicitas Rauch (7/0), Michaela Specht (4/0), JohannaTietge (10/0), Ricarda Walkling (2/0)Midfielders : Kathrin Becker (7/1), Pauline Bremer (13/3), Rieke Dieckmann (5/1), Nina Ehegötz(4/1), Madeline Gier (13/5), Saskia Matheis (8/1), Saskia Meier (4/0)Forwards : Lara Junge (2/0), Elisabeth Mayr (7/3), Alina Ortega-Jurado (8/2), Jasmin Sehan (5/4)Coach : Anouschka Bernhard (GER)
20. Royal Netherlands Football AssociationTEAMGoalkeepers : Kelly Steen (2/0), Kim van der Werff (4/0)Defenders : Lucie Akkerman (11/1), Inessa Kaagman (12/1), Cornelia Peels (3/0), Mandy van Dijk(6/0), Jessie van Leeuwen (3/0)Midfielders : Yentl Fay Abbing (5/2), Sharon Bruinenberg (4/0), Riff Ekelschot (1/0), JessieEikenhout (5/0), Hiske Huisman (4/2), Jill Jamie Roord (13/12), Jip van Haster (3/0)Forwards : Suzanne Admiraal (6/4), Lineth Beerensteyn (5/0), Tiny Hoekstra (4/0), Laura Strik(11/2)Coach : Maria van Kortenhof (NED)
21. IX. HistoryHistory of the previous editions of the European Womens Under-17 Championship Year Host Winner Score Runner-up 2008 Switzerland Germany 3-0 France 2009 Switzerland Germany 7-0 Spain 2010 Switzerland Spain 4-1 Ireland 2011 Switzerland Spain 1-0 (e.t.) France 2012 Switzerland Germany 1-1 (4-3 pen.) France Third victory in five years for Germany at the UEFA European Womens Under-17 Championship 2012.