1. GEOLOGICAL BASIS and LOCAL IMPORTANCE OF THEKIZILCAHAMAM-ÇAMLIDERE GEOPARK PROJECT Nizamettin Kazancı Ankara University and JEMIRKO International Conference on the Earth and Human Potantials 31 Oct. – 2 November 2012 Astana, KAZAKHSTAN
2. Geositeexamplesfrom the geopark in Petrified woods; Ankara parts of a fossil of forest Turkey
4. Sections of the colonnade basalts
5. Fine grained lacustrine deposits
6. A possible The sequoa fossil Modern and Miocene trees
7. Vulnerable fossils of the geopark
8. An early historical settlement
9. Ignimbrites and pumiceous tephra; basis of erosive landscape in the geopark area
10. Colourful geology of Turkey Area to be describedfrom MTA
11. Volcanic provinces of Anatolia, Turkey
12. Elementary info for non-earthscientis; subduction and continental volcanisms (occurences of volcanic provinces)
13. Cyprus arc, Hellenic arc and northward movements of Afro-arabian continents
14. Main faults in Turkey and surrounding areas based on collision of Anatolia and Afro-Arabian continents (NEOTECTONIC PERIOD)
15. Volcanic eruptions created large individual mountains (stratovolcanoes) or sheets Kızılcahamam volcanics
16. Erciyes stratovolcano
17. 1- There are not given eruption centres in Galatian volcanic complex, 2- Volcanic succession is relatively thin like a blanket, 3- It is typical example of fracture volcanismsAreally, it is just in transition zone between north and central Turkey
18. Galatian volcanic complex cover various tectonostratigraphic units of Anatolian continents (= PALEOTECTONIC PERIOD) (Okay et al., 1994)
19. Kızılcahamam-Çamlıdere Geoparkrepresents; 1- Neotectonic periodin Turkey, 2- A skin-like volcaniccover, 3- Fracture volcanism, 4-Long-term, three-phasedvolcanism, 5- Intercalations withlong-term continentalsedimentary environments, 6-Rocks of different tectonic units,7- Volcanism-inducedsedimentary environments, 8-Geothermal system, 9- Erosion inPliocene and Quaternary
20. Stratigraphy and rock types of the Galatian volcanic complex. A note to non-earthscientists; Let’s remind that theEarth created geosites for itself, not for us.However, a geopark can serve mutually.
21. An effective geopark is really needed in this regionas a-geosites have been disturbing and b- villages are getting emtied.
22. Opening ceremony of theKızılcahamam-Çamlıdere Geopark project. 16 July 2010
23. Rector of Ankara University and Mayor of Kızılcahamam town gave big supportsto the project
24. Geopark just became a tool to serve for nature education.
25. A sister geopark from Germany has been appeared; Taunus-Lahn Geopark
26. Ankara, the capital of Turkey creates a big potential for the geopark. Abacı köyü peribacalarıGöreme-CappadociaGeotourism started andit will increase by more education of the local people.
27. There are many visitors already, we have to discover ways for economic benefit
28. Project partners Ankara Governorship Ankara University Kızılcahamam Municipality Çamlıdere MunicipalityTurkish Association for Conservation of Geological Heritage-Jemirko
29. Supporters (in alphabetic order) Ankara Büyükşehir Belediyesi Çamlıdere Belediyesi Çeltikçi Belediyesi Devlet Planlama TeşkilatıDoğa Koruma ve Milli Parklar Genel Müdürlüğü Karayolları Genel Müdürlüğü Kültür ve Turizm Bakanlığı İl (Ankara) Kültür ve Turizm Müdürlüğü Maden Tetkik ve Arama Genel Müdürlüğü Orman-Köy İlişkileri Genel Müdürlüğü Türkiye Bilim ve Teknoloji Araştırma Kurumu
30. Thanks foryour attention www.jeoparkankara.com www.turkjeopark.org www.jemirko.org.trBlack Vulture; endemic bird of the townKızılcahamam