1. Rhythm- This is the overall movement or swing and is considered the most essential element of music. Rhythm includes:Meter - which means measure of rhythmic unit.Tempo - refers to the movement of music whether fast or slow.
Lento — very slow (40–60 bpm)Largo — very slow (40–60 bpm), like lentoAdagio — slow and stately (66–76 bpm)Andante — at a walking pace (76–108 bpm)Andantino – slightly faster than andanteModerato — moderately (101-110 bpm)Allegretto — moderately fastAllegro — fast, quickly and bright (120–139 bpm)Vivace — lively and fast (˜140 bpm)Presto — very fast (168–200 bpm)
Bayang Magiliw Perlas ng Silanganan, Alab ng puso Sa dibdib mo‘y buhay.Lupang hinirang, Duyan ka ng magiting, Sa manlulupig, ‗Di ka pasisiil.Sa dagat at bundok, Sa simoy at sa langit mong bughaw, May dilag ang tula at awit Sa paglayang minamahal.
2. Melody- is the succession of musical sounds or tones in an orderly manner.Tone - is a sound in music which designates the pitch and depends on the vibration rate per second.
3. Dynamics- This means the force or percussive effects, degree of loudness and softness.Forte means loud, mezzo-forte very loud, piano- soft and pianissimo very soft.
4. Harmony- This is the simultaneous sounding of two or more tones.
5. Texture- This refers to the number of tones one is expected to apprehend simultaneously.
Monophonic: a single unaccompanied melody linePolyphonic: two or more independent melody lines happening simultaneouslyHomophonic: melody plus accompaniment
6. Color- This is the result of the difference in timbre or quality of tone in a variety of voices and instruments.
7. Style- This refers to the composers or singers way of doing his part. This is the result of his temperament.
1. The vocal media- The most natural form of music is the song produced by the human voice. It is the most personal and direct of all musical instruments. The human voice is considered the oldest but still the most popular of all instruments.
a. Soprano - high register female voiceb. Mezzo-soprano - medium register female voicec. Alto or contralto -low register femaled. Tenor - high register male voicec. Baritone - mediumregister male voicef. Bass- low register male voice
a. The coloratura soprano - is the highest and lightest of all voice.b. The lyric soprano- sings less ornamented music, is less high and flute like.c. The dramatic soprano- is heavier than the lyric soprano and can convey intense emotions in dramatic situations.
d. The mezzo-soprano- This voice is between the soprano and contralto in . range and quality.e. The contralto- This voice is low and qualitatively rich.f. The tenor- The highest type of voice in men.
g. The lyric-tenor- similar to lyric-soprano, this voice is particularly suited to sweet melodies.h. The dramatic-tenor- similar to dramatic- soprano, this voice is heavier than the lyric tenor, and could convey intense emotions in dramatic situations.
i. The baritone - is between tenor and bass.j. The bass- the lowest and deepest in quality.
2. The Instrumental Media- musical instrument are mechanisms which are able to generate musical vibrations and wafts them into the air. The various musical instruments are the means by which the composer communicates to the listener, they are mediums of expression.