science is broken
- broken incentives, discouraging collaboration + sharing.
- inﬂexible, siloed tools (and communities)
- research that’s near impossible to build upon, reuse.
- small bursts of activity, little coordination.
- skills gap keeping researchers from working on the web.
“... up to 70% of research from academic labs
cannot be reproduced, representing an enormous
waste of money and effort.”
- Elizabeth Iorns, Science Exchange
“There’s greater reward,
and more temptation to
bend the rules.”
- David Resnik, bioethicist