• He was the son of Vairab Singh, a dacoit who died in police combat. He was adopted by a policeman. On growing up, he set up the “Naagrik Suraksha Dal (NASUD)” that aids the police in combating dacoits. Who?
• A brother-in-law of Jawaharlal Nehru, he was born on the same day as JLN, eight years his senior. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of London (FRS) in 1936, the highest British scientific honor, awarded for the first time to an Indian botanist. An institute of science is named after him in Lucknow. Who?
• Other than Pradosh Chandra Mitter (Felu-da) and Trilokeshwar Shonku, Satyajit Ray had created a 3rd character whom he extensively based his stories upon. This person have had several professions and narrated his stories to a group of teenagers about the adventures he had while working in different parts of India. Who is he?
• X is an ancient Tamil tradition called Eruthazhuvuthal, popular amongst warriors during the Tamil classical period According to legend, in olden days X was used by women to choose their husbands. Vadi manju virattu, Vaeli virattu and Vadam manjuvirattu are 3 variants. What is X?
• X is spread over an area of 175 hectares, or 0.67 square miles (1.7 km2). The total (and largely informal) turnover of X is estimated to be between US$500 million and over US$650 million per year. X has a population of between 600,000 and over 1 million people. What is X?
Name this Malayalam film which had 2different endings to please the fans ofboth leading men
• X was an English language weekly newsmagazine that started publication in 1880 and ceasing publication in 1993. X was edited by A.S. Raman, Khushwant Singh, M. V. Kamath, and Pritish Nandy among others. What is X?
• Held annually in Pune, Maharashtra since 1953, this festival was founded by the Arya Sangeet Prasarak Mandal and Pt. Bhimsen Joshi, who led and organized each festival until 2002. Which festival?
Who is this famous Bengali historian,writer, paleographer and epigrapherwho did his M.A. in history fromCalcutta University and taught at BHUtill his premature death in 1930.
• X kingdom was established by Birpal in 1187 with the capital at Sadiya. The X are an indigenous ethnic group that speak a Tibeto- Burman language. The most illustrious of the X kings was Gauri Narayan (Ratnadhwajpal), son of Birpal. What is X?
An incredible achiever, especiallygiven the background he has comefrom. In news in 2010. Who?
• Where in India will one see a statue of Veiled Rebecca by G.B. Benzoni, an Italian sculptor?
• The “Global Indian of the year 2010”, he is considered to be one of the prominent management gurus. This IT-BHU and HBS alumnus is the author of various books on business, including “Talent Masters”, “Leaders At All Levels”, etc. Who?