1. Social Media is about the people! Not about your business. Provide for the people and the people will provide for you. ! Quit counting fans, followers and blog subscribers like bottle caps. Instead, think about what youʼre hoping to achieve through the community that you are building.!Focus on how to be social, not on how to do social.
4. ¿Con quién deseas hablar? 1,900,000,000 En linea 30% del mundoLatino Americaocupa el 1 lugar 2 500,000,000 26% de las personas en lineaen inversion en tecnologia 9 56,000,000 Usuarios Activos (2009) 30,600,000 En linea 27% del pais 69,000,000 En linea Est. para el 2015 Twitter esta creciendo mas rapido en 1 15,000,000 50% de las internautas en mex. America Latinaque en cualquier 10 4,120,000 En Dic. de 2010 otra zona del mundo. 8,000,000 Est. para Dic de 2011 6 4
6. 5 mistakes to avoid! 6
7. 1. Don’t assume that social media didn’texist until you arrived. Social media is acomplex and intricateworld that takes time and effort to understand. It is not simple.If everyone could do it well .. then everyonewould be successful at it, and that is not the case… 7
8. 2. Don’t focus on thecompetition, focus oneveryone else on the internet and then figure out what YOU can do better.Every second 7 newthings are posted on the internet and anyone of them can grab the attention of a potential customer. Pizza Hut has 1.2 Million Facebook fans, while Domino’s has 400,000. Is it because Pizza Hut is really 3 times better than Dominos? 8
9. 3. Don’t avoidengaging with peoplewho want to push their own agenda. Everyone has something different to offer and anyone who wants to interact withyour brand brings value to it. See every communication as an opportunity to showpeople who you are and what you are about. 9
10. 4. Don’t take the “Social” Out of Social Media Social media is not anadvertising platform, it is a conversation platform. “90% of what youshare...should be personal insights and thoughtsalong with a heavy dose of helpful links, only 10% should...directly benefit you.” 10
11. 5. Don’t focus so much on sales and stop selling so hard! Curate your contentcarefully, like you might on a first or second date.Once the friendship issecure, then put forth relevant offers. 11
12. What should I pay attention to in Social Media!
19. What should I do to be successful in Social Media"
24. Why canʼt I just post mypromotions and go home?!
33. Katyʼs 2 simple rules! 33
36. Focus on how to be social, not on how to do social.
37. Measuring Social Media: Yes you can•  Strength: the likelihood your brand is discussed in social media. –  Market share calculation: phrase mentions divided by total possible mentions•  Passion: the likelihood your information will be shared.•  Reach: the number of unique authors who reference your Brand•  Influence: how you affect others on line.
38. The most active AMPITwitter Accounts and the strength of their most recent tweets One way AMPI can promote you on Twitter if you reach out to us and let us know who you are
39. ‘Reach’ Across all social channels: the number of unique authors mentioning this term. Term used: www.company.com ‘Strength’ Across all socialchannels: The number of times the term was mentioned
40. ‘influence’: Klout: A scoringsystem to rate social accounts bysumming up a variety of factors to give your overall score.
41. Reading the Twitter Tea Leaves
42. AMPI VallartaNayarit: The account is developed butneeds a focus and direction
43. Opportunity for AMPI Vallarta Nayarit: Fill the void left by the other AMPI chapters on line. Be the source for all mexican agents..
44. Hashtags arent random: Inorder to understand wherethe conversation is takingplace you need to listen to what people are saying
45. Sharing vs. conversing: Where are all the branches?
46. Not leaving your ownneighborhood: how to stay local on Twitter
47. Conclusion: AMPI is offeringyou participation in a powerful tool that more people might want to take advantage of.