1. MULTIMEDIA….WHAT IS IT? By the end of this presentation you should have an idea of what Multimedia is. Multimedia is so multifaceted that defining it in just a few words seems like a great feat. So hopefully this presentation will be informative as well as stimulating.
2. What is Design?!
3. Disciplines of Web Design
4. What is Animation?
5. Interview with final year student (Patrice Bingham) <ul><li>What has your experience in multimedia been like? </li></ul><ul><li>Ans: It was a wonderful experience. throughout the years I developed to a great extent the intricacies involved in the tool and skills necessary to develop websites, do graphic designing, create animation as well as learn how do develop videos and do excellent speeches. It has helped me to develop and hone the techniques and skills needed to work acidulously within the media. </li></ul><ul><li>2) What has been some of the challenges of this specialization? </li></ul><ul><li>Ans: There have been many challenges. One of the biggest challenges was that I was not very versed on some of the programmes which we were introduced to me, however due to my determination to excel I quickly overcame this obstacle and begun to create wonderful pieces of work which allowed me to develop my confidence and ability to be a great multimedia artist. </li></ul><ul><li>3) Do you think you have been exposed to enough that you can easily utilize in creating sustenance for yourself? </li></ul><ul><li>Ans: Most definitely. One of the most important things which an individual should understand is that once the foundations as well as the tools within a programme is clearly understood one should not have much problem in increasingly developing on them in order to create some form of living for themselves. </li></ul><ul><li>4) What is the final year show? What does it entail and what do you have to do in order to get a grade? </li></ul><ul><li>Ans: the final year show is a presentation of the final project which persons in the class had developed that demonstrated the mastery of the various progammes that hey had been taught over the years. In order to get a grade you have to first, do a project obviously, not only that but it also has to be done in a creative format, so as to increase in the grading which would be given to the individual as well as show the creative eye which the person has developed. </li></ul><ul><li>5) What topics are taught in the multimedia specialization? </li></ul><ul><li>There are so many topics. well, for one, you are taught Flash, Photoshop, CSS and html, videography, Illustrator, voice and speech, photography, advertising, elements of designing and web designing. These are generally the topics which we cover throughout the years. </li></ul>
6. Topics Taught in the Multimedia Discipline <ul><li>Photography </li></ul>2D Animation 3D Animation Web Design Graphic Design Sound engineering Print Design Motion Graphics
7. So what is Multimedia? <ul><li>From this presentation we can see that </li></ul><ul><li>multimedia is a combination of various </li></ul><ul><li>content used to present an idea, and more </li></ul><ul><li>often than not the content is usually presented </li></ul><ul><li>through audio or visual and in other cases both. </li></ul><ul><li>Thank you for viewing and hope it was </li></ul><ul><li>insightful </li></ul>
8. References <ul><li>Background </li></ul><ul><li>www.panoramio.com/photo/8423429 </li></ul><ul><li>http://background-wallpaper.110mb.com/background-wallpaper-fractals.php </li></ul><ul><li>http://r-u-ins.org/CDG%20Backgrounds%20Promo%204.jpg </li></ul><ul><li>www.tomrichmond.com/blog/?p=210 </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.windservers.com/web_design.jpg </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.3penguinsdesign.com/images/misc/MotionGraphics.jpg </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.lynchinteractive.com/images/web-design.jpg </li></ul>SLIDE 2 (Pictures ) http://www.flickr.com/photos/26391465@N02/2477076138/ http://www.kahnplus.com/img/work/LOR_overview.jpg http://www.skillset.org/uploads/jpeg/asset_9184_hl.jpg http://www.grassrootsmodern.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/_images_gd.jpg http://www.electriclead.co.uk/images/mid02.jpg SLIDE 3 (Pictures) http://bokardo.com/images/comics/content-or-design.gif http://cyanatrendland.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/puurdesigncw1.jpg http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ugur_sahin_design_corvette_z03_concept.jpg http://www.grassrootsmodern.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/_images_gd.jpg http://www.smallboxweb.com/images/icons/services/web_design_256.png SLIDE 4 (Videos) http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=124445 http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=animation&n=21&b=61&ei=utf-8&js=1&fr=fptb-msgr&tnr=20&vid=000129039840 http://www.cc.gatech.edu/cpl/projects/blur/movies/ Information Reference Archer, B (1973) “The Need for Design Education.” Royal College of Art Kaufmann, E What Is Modern Design? The Museum of Modern Art, 1950. 32 pgs. http://www.hku.hk/bse/interdisciplinary/what_is_design.pdf http://www.mediaknowall.com/animation.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_architecture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_design Interview Patrice Bingham