SEO Chalk Talk!
Overview of Joint SEO & Marketing
YOU JUST GOT MARRIED TO
YOUR MARKETING PLAN AND
YOUR NEW WEBSITE!
BE AN EQUAL PARTNER!
IT'S NOT EASY... IT TAKES TIME!
Time or Money
People who subscribe to
Compliments Managed Marketing
Plans, typically have little time to
invest in their online marketing
Range of Marketing Services
Packages range from $250.00 - $7,500.00 Per Month
Marketing techniques and tasks may included:
1. Meetings, Phone Calls, Email, Tickets and Support
2. Submissions of your posts to social media networks.
3. Key Word Research, Competitor Research, Report Eval.
4. SEO: Research, Key Words, Page Titles, Descriptions.
5. Backlinks: Submissions to Bookmarking & Article Sites.
Compliments average hourly rate is $185. This is a good estimate to use. Depending on the
resources used, the rate average goes up or down. I.e. If you were going to break down time/value:
Time with CEO, President or Custom Developer is much higher than with SEO Engineer, Graphics
Designer or Project Manager. Graphics Designer, Project Manager or SEO Engineer is much higher
rate than working with an admin, social media submissions or directory submission manager. You will
receive the biggest bang for your time with social media marketing. Depending on the volume of
tickets you submit, and the type of tickets, we may focus on one area more than another each
month. The more content you add to the site, the more work you get from us that is not counted on
any hourly tab (our agreement is unlimited submissions).
Range of Marketing Services
------- SEO is only as good as the Content provided --------
$ = Basic SEO and Social Media Marketing
$$ = Standard SEO - Eval and Implement. Social Plan
$$$ = Moderately Agressive SEO & Social Media Plan
--------- Content is now being modified for SEO -----------
$$$$$ = Agressive SEO and Social Media Strategy
$$$$$$ = Multi Site - Semi Agressive Strategy
------ Content is being created by CI SEO & Writer --------
$$$$$$$ = Multi Site - Aggressive Strategy through SEO,
Content Management and Social Media Marketing
To really be effective businesses need to have at least one experienced FTE (Full Time Employee) ,
but we realize that is not practical or managable... That's why were here.
SEO / SMM Outsource Advantages
The benefits of working with Compliments Managed
Marketing Program vs. hiring in house, is you have access to
a pool of talent not found in one employee, we have access
to technology that makes us faster and employee costs are
obsorbed by Compliments Intl. - Including:
Social Media Expert,
Training - R&D Expert, etc.
Pay-Per-Click is Temporary
Organic Search Engine rankings is
permanent. It might take more
time, money and resources up
front, but in the end.... you are a
100 times more profitable!
SEO Math- Google's Algorythm...
1. Page Rank - Domain Age and Time to Expire
2. Indexed Pages: New Content Additions. Daily-Weekly
3. Effectiveness of Content for SEO. Relevance.
4. Base SEO - Content Page Titles, Permalinks, Titles,
Descriptions and Key Words.
5. Back Links: Done through Social Media Submissions,
Bookmarking and Article Sites, Cross Linking, Comment
Threads. Quality of backlinks matters.
6. Social Networking Integration - Submissions
7. Directory Listings - Valid and Accurate
8. Contact Us Forms (Conversion Forms)
9. Blog Ranking
10. 404 Errors, W3Standards, Valid Code, XHTML, Etc.
CHEAT!!! It works!
Your domain name is the most important factor to a search
result... i.e. it takes 6 months to get the URL www.
websitedesignerindallas.com to come up on page one vs. 36
months to get www.complimentsintl.com to show up on page
one for the search term "web designer, dallas".
You can "cheat" with a multi site strategy. This is especially
worthwhile in a localized marketing strategy - i.e.
www.lawncareplano.com, www.lawncaredallas.com, www.
lawncareseattle.com, etc. A location with an excellent
choice of highly searched terms will climb faster!
Note: Forwards do nothing (must be a new site with new content based on your target market for that website). Each
website needs new content, posts, submissions, SEO, etc. They have to be managed and SEO'd for their target
The 13 Biggest Website Mistakes
1. Not learning how to handle your website
2. Not creating new content on your website (Stale website)
3. Not submitting to referring websites (Gotta Give to Get!)
4. If noone links to you, Google doesn't like you.
5. Not naming your images with alt text and descriptions.
6. Not extending your domain age past 2 years.
7. Not making your website interactive with conversation points.
8. Not engaging visitors quickly.
9. Not taking time to properly write your content.
10. Not engaging in your social media marketing plan and building.
11. Not attending training to stay informed of new tips and tricks.
12. Wanting to see results with no efforts or inconsistent efforts.
13. Not using your website to increase customer interaction and
referrals while it is in the building phases for marketing.
Don't believe the Hype!
Everyone will give you advice that will divert
you from your mission! Don't believe the
hype! Check their results before you listen...
Visit www.websitegrader.com and verify
performance on line. Check a few sites... not
just their own... It's like asking for
references, but with real data!
Your Website Timeline
3 Months: It takes approximately 3 months for google to
"get aquainted", start indexing pages, and get you on the
Don't forget to add new content - do this weekly!
6 Months = Your website now has all pages indexed and
Google is looking for Backlinks to gain trust and rapport.
Need Consistent Growth in Backlinks and Indexed Pages or Growth will be Slow
12 - 18 Months = Increased page rank and traffic. With
fresh content, backlinks, consistent monitoring and
altering of SEO, Google should now trust your site as a
source of information for your category.
Key Performance Indicators
1. OnPage SEO (No warnings or Errors)
2. Images (Alt Text on All Images)
3. Google Page Rank 0 - 10 (heavily based on time and trust)
4. Indexed Pages - Keep it growing... hundreds to
5. Inbound Links - Keep it growing... hundreds to thousands!
6. Traffic Rank - Keep it growing... with the right amount
of new content and Compliments marketing strategies,
you can make it into the top 10% in 9 - 12 months.
7. Conversions - Convert visitors to Calls, Email Signups or
Contact Forms... Then carefully convert to client.
Over Expectation Leads to Dissapointment
If you think you will find your name on the first page of Google
by spending $200 per month, remember, there are a thousand
companies out there spending $20,000 per month!
If you are not unique, then you are just like everyone else
and you will be lost in the Search Engines amidst
the sea of mediocrity.
Being found on Google is not always the answer (unless you are a
fortune 500 company or extremely unique). While you build SEO
and Google rankings, you want to be found by people that will refer
you to other people. A strong social media marketing strategy will
get you there!
Pay-Per-Click, Yellow Pages, Reach Local, City Search... is
temporary. Building a social network of supporters and buyers is
People don't visit your website... phones not ringing.
I do not add new content?
I do not participate in growing links through social media?
My content is not following Google Guidelines?
I do not attend training or implement any strategies?
------------------ Then What does CI Do --------------------
Managed account websites will be submitted to bookmarking
engines and article submission sites creating
backlinks. Analytics are reviewed monthly. Modifications
to Keywords, Descriptions and Titles will occur based on
findings. SEO strategies will continue... but will produce
results much much slower than with Client Participation.
1. Learn how to Edit Your Website: Click Here to Learn
2. Write 4-8 New Posts (GOOD CONTENT) Per Month - I.e.
Industry Articles, White Papers, Tips and Tricks, News,
Etc. MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE "CI How to write a
3. Review Requests and Participate on your Facebook,
LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube Accounts.
That's it... Compliments does the rest!!!
1. Attend Classroom Style Training if Possible - The best
results will occur from Continued Education!
2. Learn about Inbound Marketing - Click Here
3. Select the Right KeyWords - Click Here to see How
4. Build Trust on Your Website - Click Here to Learn How
5. Increase Conversion Rates - Click Here to Learn How
6. Make your Website a Watering Hole - Click Here
7. Set up a Free Listing on Google - Click Here to Start
8. Set up a Free DMOZ Listing - Click Here to Start
9. Set up a FREE Zoom Info Listing - Click Here to Start
10. Use Gmail (Merge business account on Gmail - Click
1. Set up ALL of your Social Media Accounts with Proper
SEO and Naming Schema's - Click Here to Start
2. Create a YouTube Channel with an Integrated FAQ -
Start a monthly video.
3. Create 3 New Highly SEO's Article/Post Per Week
(Compliments will submit to social networks included in
your monthly plan)
4. Learn how to maximize results through relationship
building on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Integrate
your clients, strategic partners and friends.
5. Leave comments on highly trafficed blogs follow CI Blog.
6. Focus on increasing referrals through SEO and SMM.
Follow Compliments Blog
Tips Blog - Tips to improve your website performance.
Tools Blog - To use... most are free.
Social Media Blog - Social Media Marketing Tips.
Training Blog - Upcoming training events.
Websites Blog - New Website Launch Announcements.
Network with other Compliments Clients.
Get an accountability partner.
Make an appointment to work on your marketing weekly.
Set goals. Monitor Performance.
Realize it takes a lot of time and effort to see results.
Don't quit... remember, 12 months is when the slope creep
***** VARIES BY LEVEL OF MANAGED PLAN *****
Set Up, SEO, and Integrate Social Media Accounts.
Submit 100% of your new posts (new content) to social
media networks included in your plan.
Review Reports for monthly SEO strategy and changes.
Research, analyze and integrate keywords, throughout
revolving content (new posts and pages).
Research and analyze competitors to revise strategies,
keywords, content, descriptions, etc.
Develop training programs to support client needs.
Provide Support via Ticket System, Forum, Phone, Meet.
NOTE: Avg rate = $75 hr. - Work backwards from plan.
****** Monthly Hosting, Maint and Support Fee *******
Hosting - Upgrades, Monitoring and Modifications
Security - Monitor hack sites for malicious attacks
Maintenance - Database Hardening and Compressions
Upgrades - Upgrade all websites and plugins, monthly
Mobile Versions - Redesign website for major mobile
devices - Regularly
Multi-Browser Compatibility - Keep site working with all
browser changes and new browsers
Email Management - Manage Security, Spam, Reporting
Ticket Support - Assist client with Ticket Managemt
Compliments Support Centers
Ticket System - Click Here to Access
Questions and Answers Help Form - Click Here to Access
Online Basic Training - Click Here to Access
Classromm Training - Click Here to Access
Webinar and Conference Call Training - Click Here Access
Private Workstation/Training center - Click Here to Access
Compliments prides ourselves in providing superior value
through support, education and technology enhancements.
Compliments Mission Statement...
Compliments International consistently brings superior value
and lasting results to our clients through advanced web
development, SEO, social media marketing and ongoing
Our customers believe in utilizing social media to expand their
reach and advance their business. Our customers are smart,
successful and looking to take their business to the next level.
They value information and cutting edge technology. They
believe in partnering with our team for long term investments
verses short term gains.
Compliments clients appreciate dedicated support, flexibility,
scalability and thrive in
a operationally effective environment. Our customers desirer cl
arity, focus and a strong execution strategy. Compliments earns
All examples are based on moderate to low competition, client participating at competitive recommendations, literal domain
name and client is utlitzing one of the most agressive marketing plans.