How I have used technologies and what I have learnt from the process of constructing my product Throughout making this product I have used many forms of technology to help me. To start with when I was conducting my research I used many internet sites to find useful sources with information. I used youtube.com a lot to research different artist’s music and also the blog on the internet to record my findings and my practical work. This has been useful as it has enabled me to embed video clips from youtube, images from the internet and the photographs I took myself.
To take my photographs I used my own digital camera. It allowed me to take clear long distance and close up shots which were a high quality and look really good on my final product. Im really pleased with the photographs I have taken. On the camera I was able to change color effects, for example I used sepia for my front cover and I also changed the brightness and contrast of the other images to create a sort of blue filter over the images for a calm effect.
When I first started creating my pages I had to alter a few images first, such as my front cover which needed cropping a little to fit on the page without looking too squashed. I did this using a program called Photoshop which is a photo editing program that allows you to do many different things with your photographs. Once I had done this I then placed my photo into an InDesign blank page to create my cover. The program is for publishing and this is what I created my pages on. You can add text of all different styles and fonts, objects, photos and many other things! When creating my contents page a few things had to be altered such as the layout of my text, I have to move a few things round so that everything fitted in a gap around my artist in the photo. Another problem was when I first typed in my test and it didn’t stand out against the background image. I didn’t have time to take any other images so I had to use what I had. I then decided to overcome this problem I would put an object box behind each piece of text to make it stand out more. I changed the transparency of the white boxes from 100% to 60% so that the image behind was still visible. Once I had completed my front cover, contents and two page spread I had to export them all into what is called a JPEG. This allows the documents to be put onto my blog as an image which is what I have done to display my final product.
I also used technology when it came to my audience feedback for both when I started creating my product and when I had finished creating my product. I used Microsoft Word to type up my questionnaire for my target audience so that it looked professional and was clear. I then used Microsoft Excel to create graphs that showed the results of the questionnaires. This is a very effective way to look at all the results together instead of on separate pieces of paper and I would definitely use this skill again.