So you sold a deal to a new customer. Now what? Here are some ideas for hacking growth after the sale to increase customer engagement, cut churn rates, add follow-on sales and build customer
So you sold a deal to a new customer. Now what? Here are some ideas for hacking growth after the sale to increase customer engagement, cut churn rates, add follow-on sales and build customer champions.
Growth Hacking after the Sale
DC Lean Startup Meetup
Q: You made the sale – why do
you still need growth hacking?
A: You have more selling to do
Build your lifetime
• Activation vs. churn
• Account upgrades
• Follow-on sales
• Champion building
Onboarding for Success
• Goal: get new customers to USE your
product and have a SUCCESSFUL WIN
• How do you measure success
– What is your onboarding success funnel?
– Can you measure activation milestones?
– Can you analyze cohort behavior over time?
Easy access to help and training
B2B Follow-on Sales
• More users
• More departments
• More applications/uses
It’s not just in the app code!
• Marketing automation/post-sale drips
– Best practices; customer service check-ins
– Digital body language and event flags
• Account management processes
– Customer documentation (CRM)
– Account mapping/navigation
– VIP programs/user groups
– Referral programs
Building your Champions
• It’s easiest to sell to someone who has
already said, “Yes”
• How can you help show the world that
your customer is a genius for choosing you?