FMP 2012 Irrelativity Reflections & Projections
- An Accelerometer is used to capture “kinetic information” from a participant in the installation.
- The information is run through the “Serial Monitor” of the arduino sketch.Thresholds could be built into the arduino code for the sensor to offer “reactive” data to be sent to the output.
- Any body movement or speed could be “recorded.”
- The information provided by the sensor (accelerometer) would “drive” a vibration motor which is attached to a small dish of water or coloured liquid.
- The dish is to be suspended above a light source in order to reflect lights above onto a ceiling or wall. The participant's movements thus control the light “experience.”
- The dish could be filmed by a webcam and the image filtered by a projector, for FX.
- The previous exhibition's phenomenological and ontological philosophy could be further explored by this project.
- Dourish, Merleau-Ponty & Heidegger could still be explored with the potential for developing ideas on immersion and embodiment.
- Consequently, the Critical Text related to the project would benefit from this multi-faceted approach.
Design & Aesthetics
- There should be a vastly-improved user-experience, compared with last year.
- Here are some images which have influenced the project.....
- My Only Sunshine: Installation Art Experiments with Light, Space, Sound and Motion
- Jennifer Steinkamp LEONARDO, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 109–112, 2001
Untitled 1993 – river of light
- That actually made some people sea-sick!
- My only sunshine: Installation art experiments with Light, Space, Sound and Motion