View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Sp e c i a l
L i b r a r y
Pr e s e n t e d By :
Ka s h i f
M. Y o u n a s
B s (10-14) 7t
What is Library??
• A library is an organized collection of information
resources made accessible to the community for
reference or borrowing. It provides physical or
digital access to material.
Types of Libraries
1. National Library
2. Public Library
3. Special Library
4. Academic Library
5. School Library
What id Special Library??
• A privately owned library that forms a unit of a
business firm or other organization, specializes in
books and other material of special interest to the
organization of which it is a part, and serves only the
staff or members of this organization.
Examples of Special Libraries
Collection of Special Library
• Special Library materials can be in any format, such as
3. Rare material
6. A.V Material
7. Reference Material, etc
• Special libraries are distinguished from special
collections, some special libraries have special
collections of their own, typically related to the library's
specialized subject area.
Users of Special Library
• Special libraries are not usually open to the general
public it`s user are specific. In which the worker/
trainee of the specific organization/institute is the
user/patron of the library.
Staff of Special Library
• They are generally staffed by librarians and other
supporting staff, although many librarians employed
in special libraries are specialists in the library's field
rather than generally trained librarians.
Objectives of Special Libraries
• Developing the standard of services presented to
targeted end users to enhance the level of research
activities within the organization.
• Using and putting into practice modern ICT to
improve the current level of services and to solve the
• Producing a design for a low cost digital library that
provides not only access to and retrieval of
information, but also the services that are most
frequently required by the users.