Introduction to Pantaloons• Pantaloon Retail (India) Limited, is India’s leading retailer that operates multiple retail formats in both the value and lifestyle segment of the Indian consumer market. Headquartered in Mumbai (Bombay),• The company operates over 12 million square feet of retail space,• has over 1000 stores across 73 cities in India and• employs over 30,000 people.
History of pantaloonsOriginally incorporated as ManzWear Private Limited on October12, 1987.The Company’s name was changed toManz Wear Limited on September20,1991, further to PantaloonFashions (India) Limited onSeptember 25, 1992 and toPantaloon Retail (India) Limited onJuly 7 1999
vision• Our strive towards looking at the Indian market differently and strategizing with the evolving customer helped us perform better."1• - Kishore Biyani, CEO & MD, Pantaloons Retail (India) Ltd., in November 2003.
• BOARD OF DORECTOR• FOUNDER,CEO & MD:-KISHOR BIYANI• DIRECTOR :-GOPIKISHAN BIYANI
Brands at PantaloonsPantaloons brands Non-Pantaloons•Agile Brands•UMM •Biba•Bare Denim •109 F•Bare 7to14 •Remanika• Chalk •Spykar•Rig •Lilliput•Mix n match• All •Lee Cooper•Honey •Indus league
MAJOR PLAYERS• Shopper Stop• Vishal Retail Limited• Trent India Limited• Reliance Retail• Bharti Wal-Mart
• 1. Pantaloons : Lifestyle products under Private Labels and third party brands• 2. Central: Seamless mall providing the customer with a wide range of lifestyle products across multiple national and international brands• 3. Big Bazaar: Value retailing with a range of products from apparel, toys, accessories, consumer durables to household products and furnishing• 4. Food Bazaar: Food and personal care products including dry groceries and FMCG products
Big BazaarBig Bazaar is a chain of departmnt stores orhypermarkets, offering all types of consumer goodsincluding general merchandise, home furnishings,crockery, cutlery, utensils, sports goods and others at aa reasonable price. The stores work on the economymodel, offering the best “Value for Money” propositionfor Indian consumers. About 91 Big Bazaar stores werein operation, as of July 2008.
Food BazaarFood Bazaar is a chain of large supermarkets catering to the eatables segment, offered at very economical and affordable prices. The store houses a blend of external as well as the Company’s private label brands such as Care, Tasty Treat, Fresh and Pure, and others.As of July 2008, there were about 136 Food Bazaar stores in India.Source: Food Bazaar, Suburbs of Mumbai
Brand FactoryBrand Factory brings to the Indianconsumers the promise ofrevolutionizing value shopping byoffering the best Indian andInternational brands at Smart Prices
CENTRAL Shop, Eat and Celebrate• Launched in May04 at Bangalore, Central is a showcase, seamless mall and the first of its kind in India• Central offers everything for the urban inspirational shopper to shop, eat and celebrate. Located in the heart of the city, Central believes its customers should not have to travel long distances to reach us; instead we must be present where customers frequently visit.• Central houses over 300 brands across categories, such as apparel, footwear and accessories for women, men, children and infants, apart from a whole range of Music, Books, Coffee Shops, Food Courts, Super Markets (Food Bazaar), Fine Dining Restaurants, Pubs and Discotheques.
1. Product:• E-commerce: Pantaloon’s website Futurebazaar.com has revolutionized the e- commerce business in India. It offers a wide range of products at affordable prices.• Food: In food business, the group offers a host of options.• Food Bazaar – a chain of large supermarkets; Brew Bar – a beer bar; café Bollywood – a national chain of eateries; Chamosa – a pan- Indian chain of snack counters, and Sports Bar – a bistro focused on the world of sports.
PRODUCT• Fashion: The group offers a variety of options in fashion. Its brands include aLL, Blue Sky, Central, Etam, Fashion Station, Gini & Jony, Navaras, Pantaloons, and Top 10.• Home & Electronics: Options include: Collection i – a lifestyle furniture store; Electronics Bazaar – offers branded electronic goods and appliances; e-zone – trendiest electronics items; Furniture Bazaar – entire range of Home Furniture; Home Town – one stop destination for all the home needs.• General Merchandise : Options Include: Big Bazaar , Shoe Factory, Brand Factory, Navaras, KB’s FairPrice , Central, Blue Sky• Leisure & Entertainment• Wellness & Beauty
2. Price:• Pantaloons India has brought a whole new revolution when it comes to pricing strategies, which is evident through the success of its Big Bazaar and Food Bazaar outlets.
3. Place:• The company operates over 12 million square feet of retail space, has over 1000 stores across 73 cities in India and 65 rural cities with taking over Aadhar. It plans to take up floor space of 30 million square feet by 2011.It has plans to open over 3000 new stores by 2010. It is targeting the Tier-2 and 3 cities which has a huge unleashed potential.
4. Promotion• They use magazines, newspapers, television, radios , hoardings, internet etc for promoting the brand . They have joint ventures and alliances with many companies to promote the brand.• Seasonal Discounts , Sales Discounts during Festivals are offered to attract consumers.
5. People:• At the senior management level, the group hired high profile executives from reputed organizations like Goldman Sachs , Coca-Cola India, PRIL also tied up with a few management schools to create a management talent pool for the lower levels.• The company follows a multi-format retail strategy that captures almost the entire consumption basket of Indian customers.
6. Processes:• Pantaloons Retail has implemented SAP with an investment of $10 Million in keeping pace with the technology and it is currently in the process of setting up a SAP consultancy software. SAP will be helpful in building robust transaction management system and
7. Physical Evidence:• It has a huge list of awards, recognition in its kitty like Most Admired Fashion Group Of The Year, Most Admired Food & Grocery Retailer Of The Year , Most Admired Food Court , Most Admired Retailer of the Year, ,Most Admired Food & Grocery Retailer of the Year – Supermarket
Growth of PANTALOON Retail• The following are the reasons for growth of PANTALOON retail in India- Increase in disposable income of consumers Increase in consuming desire Low share of organized retailing• Purchasing power of Indian urban consumer is growing• In India there is a huge wastage of fresh fruits and vegetables.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.