On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Smart Investment today???
There are many key factors into a gyms
• The Media
• The Recession
• 36.3% of New Zealand adults overweight
• 13.6 % use medication for high blood
• Obesity rate risen in last 30 years:
For males 9%
For females 13%
• GREAT OPPORTUNITY!!!!!
• Media is setting a in image of the
norm which people want to
• Shows like ‘The Biggest Loser’
being inspirational and
• Overall very influential with new
technology every day
• 16200 jobs lost in the last 7 months
• Unemployment rate at 5%
• Good opportunity because:
People aren't busy at work and have leisure time
Exposed to more media which correlates with
joining a gym
Gyms In New Zealand
• Currently 20% of people own a gym membership
• Only around 400 gyms in New Zealand
• Gym Memberships increased 50% in the last 20
• Recession can cause:
People having no money
People working extra with out time for leisure
• Media can cause:
Distraction from exercise
People generally tend to watch TV a lot more
• The benefits and opportunities
out way the negatives!
• Several owners of gyms claim no
bad effects from recession.
• So establishing a gym In New
Zealand would be a smart
So in my opinion…..
• The presence of the media, obesity and the
Recession will be a great asset to the industry
• Anyone considering establishing a gym at this
point in time should!
The gym industry is booming and
shouldn’t be effected by the