2. As an attorney looking to market in the most cost-effective and cutting edge way, law firm search engine optimization is one of the most powerful promotional strategies available. Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process by which you build and market your law firm website so that Google and other search engines can easily recognize what you do and where you do it. For instance, if you ’ re an attorney practicing in Denver, Colorado you can use the Google keyword tool to determine how many people in your local area are looking for an attorney every month based on various keyword phrases. We see from the image below that there are literally thousands of people turning to Google to find an attorney every month.
3. Simply put, law firm search engine optimization is going to help your website get in front of these people searching. Based on the sheer volume of online searches, it ’ s safe to say that if your practice is listed in the top 3 spots on Google for keywords like ‘ Denver attorney ’ , this would likely be your main way of attracting new clients to your law firm. Whoever is in that top spot is getting, on average, 42% of those searches clicking through to their law firm website. That would be around 11,340 highly targeted visitors each and every month! Let ’ s conservatively estimate that your conversion is 1% (these are web visitors who become actual clients). This #1 Google ranking would generate right around 113 new clients per month. Are you starting to see why law firm search engine optimization is a critical factor to your long-term success?
4. Law Firm Search Engine Optimization ~ Tip # 1
5. Set up a WordPress blog for your law firm. WordPress is by far the most powerful platform available to capture the lion ’ s share of the online traffic for your specific market. Given the fact that you can control the content and easily add or modify pages, create new blog posts, and easily set up search engine friendly content make WordPress a better choice than a static HTML website. Your goal is to build a blog that has a ton of quality content that is relevant to your local market that will get indexed by Google on a regular basis. You want to keep your blog as dynamic and fresh as possible by adding new content on a regular basis. If you don ’ t want to do this yourself, you can easily outsource this to an article and blog writer. One of the key factors of law firm search engine optimization is the amount of content you have on your website. Google definitely rewards content-rich sites, so this will give you a competitive advantage in your local market.
6. Law Firm Search Engine Optimization ~ Tip #2
7. <ul><li>Set up the majority of your content using the SEO Pressor plugin from WordPress (click the image below to learn more). This is a fabulous paid plugin that allows you to easily make your blog as search engine friendly as possible. This is done by having each page and post be set up with the right on page SEO factors. Your on page SEO includes the following: </li></ul><ul><li>title tags </li></ul><ul><li>meta tags </li></ul><ul><li>header tags </li></ul><ul><li>image alt tags </li></ul><ul><li>keyword density </li></ul><ul><li>internal linking </li></ul><ul><li>strategic keyword placement </li></ul><ul><li>SEO Pressor takes care of this on page SEO check list for you every time you write a blog post, so you know that you are targeting the most relevant and searched for keywords for your market with each piece of content you create. </li></ul>
8. Law Firm Search Engine Optimization~ Tip #3
9. Drive a lot of high quality back links to your blog or websites. This strategy is especially important if you are targeting a competitive keyword. For instance, the keyword phrase ‘ Denver attorney ’ has a competition of 11,700,000 competing web pages. That is a lot. In order to get to the top of Google for this keyword, your on page SEO would have to be very strong and you would have to do quite a bit of link building, but the effort would be well worth it. Link building is a process by which you get other websites to link back to yours for the keyword phrases you are competing for. The actual keyword is placed as anchor text in the hyperlink. Each hyperlink is like a vote of popularity in the eyes of Google. The more you have.. and the higher quality the site that is linking back to yours, the better your chances of dominating your main keywords. Link building is honestly a strategy that I would recommend outsourcing, either to my team or someone else whom you already trust. You can fill out this form to get a quote on our link building services for your law firm website. Law firm search engine optimization is, in my opinion, an absolute necessity for lawyers who want to stay competitive in the current marketplace. Every year, more consumers are turning to the internet to find solutions to their various problems. The yellow pages are dying out. Display ads are expensive and unpredictable. Basically, you want to do everything possible to position yourself effectively on Google and other search engines. As evidenced by the staggering numbers above, this is where people are going to find solutions and resources. If you find this information helpful, The Online Mastery Training membership contains the most powerful and advanced internet marketing strategies for small business owners you can find anywhere. I hope this information on law firm search engine optimization has given you a more clear understanding of how your law firm can carve out a competitive advantage in your local area!