The wrong kind of cat litter can kill your cat. Clump cat litters are very popular in the market, but most or all of them have sodium bentonite as their primary content which can be lethal for your
The wrong kind of cat litter can kill your cat. Clump cat litters are very popular in the market, but most or all of them have sodium bentonite as their primary content which can be lethal for your cat.
1. DANGERS OF SODIUM BENTONITE CLUMP CAT LITTER www.kapush.net
2. DANGERS OF SODIUM BENTONITE CLUMP CAT LITTER www.kapush.net If you are not careful, cat litter can give your cat a very painful death. Manufacturers of cat litter are aware of this, but will tell you that it is your responsibility as owner to see to it that your cats stay safe.
3. Previously, ash, sand and dirt were primarily used for cat litter. Today we have a variety of super absorbent litter that began with Edward Lowe's Kitty Litter that established itself as perhaps the most popular brand by the 1990s. Lowe used Fuller's Earth, a diverse set of clay minerals capable of absorbing their weight in water.
4. The clump variety of cat litter, comes as grainy particles that absorb the liquid from the excreta and also controls the odour by forming clumps which can then be scooped out and replaced. The most powerful clumping substance is Sodium Bentonite, a certain type of clay that swells up to 15 times its volume in the presence of water, and is, therefore, extremely effective as cat litter
5. Today, more than 50 percent of the cat litter sold in the U.S. is of the clumping variety, and most of it is made from bentonite clay. We are warned against flushing cat litter that is made of sodium bentonite as the cement like clumping property can block plumbing.
6. Cats will lick themselves after using the litter. Every time they visit the litter box, they ingest the litter through inhalation and licking. The litter accumulate in their stomach and swell, forming a hard lump that renders the stomach to the same state as blocked plumbing.
7. Symptoms include yellowish vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy, anemia, kidney problems, respiratory problems and extreme emaciation, often leading to a very painful death. Symptoms are too vague to diagnose, and the Cat Litter is not the first thing that comes to mind when seeing the Doctor. Patients very often die due to lack of proper treatment.
8. For treatment, first, remove the cat from the litter. and then to put him on holistic treatment using soothing laxatives to get rid of the poison. During this time, home made chicken or fish broth or stock is prescribed for diet, and if the treatment begins early, the patient should recover in a few months time.
9. The problem lies not in the clumping attribute which, in fact, is quite useful. We only need to replace Sodium Bentonite with various choices of Organic Litter. ------------------------------- If we stop buying, the manufacturers will feel less inclined to produce and market the poison of Bentonite Clay. ---------------------------- Please Visit www.kapush.net for more information.