1. Natural Disaster Monitoring bySensorWeb Technology in Thailand Veerachai Tanpipat, D.Eng. ดร.วีรชัย ตันพิพัฒน์ email@example.com THAIFLOOD Steve Chien, Joshua Doubleday, David McLaren, and Daniel Tran Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, USA Poramate Minsiri (Bundit Center) Chainarong Sukumprasertsri (Fat Shore, Wind Power) Siri Akaakara, Anuchit Ratanasuwan National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department of Thailand Daniel Mandl, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, USA
2. Table of Contents•Sensorweb•Forest fire sensorweb•Flood sensorweb•ThaiFlood•Thai Citizen Observation Program (TCOP)•Conclusions
3. What is SensorWeb Technology?The main objective of the sensorweb activity is to create aninteroperable environment for a diverse set of satellite sensors viathe use of software and the Internet.http://eo1.gsfc.nasa.gov/new/sensorWebExp/index.html
4. Developed by NASA-GSFC/JPLTriggered by MODIS fire alert email!!! By FIRMS
5. 19 February 2011 Earth Observing 1 (EO-1),Advanced Land Imager (ALI)
9. Email alert from ASE Operation at NASA JPLBang Pra Ma, Supanburi,ALI quick look; Acquired14 Feb 2012
10. ThaiFlood UAV Team
11. Big BagsThaiFloodUAV Team
12. ThaiFlood: www.thaiflood.com
14. The "InternationalSymposium onArtificial Intelligence,Robotics andAutomation in Space(i-SAIRAS)“ 2012,ESA, 4-6 September2012, Turin, Italy
15. Thai Citizen Observation Program (TCOP)•Objective is to monitor flood by citizen networkinformation sharing.•Private weather stations real time data feeding.•Present information at the same website (GoogleMap)•Mimi the idea from Citizen Weather ObservationProgram (CWOP) in the USA.
16. Thai citizen observation program (TCOP)
17. There are only 3 stations installed so far; one atDanLoas Moutain Range, Sri Kil, Korat and two moreat Ke-Re-Wong and Krung-Ching Moo 8Nakornsrithammarat
18. Thailand Information Center
19. Conclusions• Thailand SensorWeb will last until at least until early 2013• The operation consider to be a successful one as we can provide information to both government agencies and the public• Thai Flood is a unique people networking• Thai Citizen Observation Program (TCOP) will install more weather stations in the near future to expand people network.• In the near future, we will be able to use VIIRS fire products to trigger the fire sensorweb.
20. Acknowledgements•Dr. Diane Davies (FIRMS, U. of Maryland),•Dr. Chris Elvidge (NOAA/NGDC)•Dr. Jeff Schmaltz (NASA/GSFC-MRRS),•Dr. Stuart Frye (NASA/GSFC),•Dr. Steve Chien, David McLaren, Daniel Tran (NASA/JPL),•Dr. Daniel Mandl (NASA GSFC),•Dr. Dan Slayback (NASA NRT Flood Map),•Dr. Shinichi Sobue (JAXA),•Dr. Royal Chidon (HAII),•Poramate Minsiri (Bundit Center-ThaiFlood),•Chainarong Sukumprasertsri (Fat Shore, Wind Power andThaiFlood),•Siri Akaakara, Anuchit Ratanasuwan (DNP)