Ch. 12: Evaluation of Print Media
- Classification of Magazines - Standard Rate and Data Service (SRDS) divides the publications into three broad categories based on the audience to which they directed .
Advantages and Disadvantages of Magazines as Advertising Media
- Magazines (along with news papers) have been in existence as advertising media for more than two centuries.
Magazine Circulation and Readership
- Readership and total audience
- Primary sources of information on magazine audience are:
Purchasing Magazine Advertising Space
- What factors do you think will influence the price of the magazine advertising space?
- Newspapers are the second major form of print media and represent the largest of all advertising media in terms of total advertising volume.
Types of Newspaper Advertising
Purchasing Newspaper Space
- Information (e.g., size and characteristics) on newspaper audience are available from commercial research services (e.g., SRDS) and studies conducted by the papers themselves.
Ch. 13 Support Media
- Support media are referred to by several titles, among them alternative media , nonmeasured media , and nontraditional media .
- Outdoor billboards and signs, transit ads, station posters, and skywriting are just a few of the alternatives that can be used.
- - Transit Advertising: inside cards, terminal posters, and outside posters.
Promotional Products Marketing & Yellow Pages Advertising
- Promotional products marketing
- Yellow Pages Advertising - A Special Advertising
- Where have you seen ads recently?
- Product placements in Movies