• To introduce dairy products (Samprash Ghee & Samprash Milk
Powder) in retail Market.
• To provide the purest dairy products in today’s time where
most of the dairy products are adulterated.
• To make the buying and selling as cost effective as possible
while maintaining the highest level of Service.
• One of their agenda is to be unique, reach expectations and
maximize client satisfaction.
• Dairy Products are coming across PAN INDIA primarily in
• Delhi has an estimated daily demand of 70 lakh liters of
milk, about 90% is supplied by brands like Amul, Paras and
• Total Milk Production 112,114,290 tonnes per year
• According to an estimate the unorganized milk and milk
product market is about Rs 470 billion while the market for
processed organized dairy segment is only Rs 10000 crores.
The market is currently growing at round 5% p.a. in volume
• The demand for milk and milk products continues to rise in
our country year after year due to growing incomes of
• Timely supply to the market, consistency in quality and
reasonable pricing are all essential to build up a strong market
and brand equity.
• Mother Dairy India Ltd, consumes an estimated 20,000 tonnes
of skimmed milk powder (SMP) annually or 55 tonnes daily.
Milk Powder Brand
Total production & Consumption of milk
• Total production of milk in India is 630 million tones.
• India shares the 15% share in the total of worlds
production of milk.
• India's milk demand is likely to increase to 170
million tones by 2020 from the current 105 million
• India has reached the minimum consumption of 250
gram per capita consumption per day
• Size of the Industry
More than 10 million dairy farmers belong to 96,000 local dairy
cooperatives, who sell their product to one of 170 milk producers’
cooperative unions who in turn are supported by 15 state
• Geographical distribution
Delhi, Punjab, Mumbai, Gujarat, Surat, Lucknow, Bihar, Hyderabad
• Output per annum
Growing 5 % per annum
• Market Capitalization
The industry contributes about Rs 1,15,970 to the national economy
Beginners in the Industry
1. Reliance Dairy Products “Dairy Pure” (2007)
2. Kwality dairy india Ltd. “Dairy Best” (1992)
3. Sterling Agro Industries Ltd “Nova” (1999)
Dairy Pure’s Market Approach
• Reliance Retail is trying to lure customers with 10 per cent
extra in every packet than that of its rivals for the same price.
• Using their Retail outlet Chain “ Reliance Fresh for promoting
• Besides Reliance stores, the milk brand is also being sold
“through general trade (including milk retailers) in Various
Dairy Best Market Approach
• Targeted local traders in various state to
promote their brand.
• Focusing on Packaging and Retail Branding
Retail is the sale of goods to end users, not for resale, but for
use and consumption by the purchaser .The retail transaction
is at the end of the supply chain.
Moves the economy into motion
Provides the consumer a basic platform to encounter with
goods and a shop keeper
STATISTICS OF INDIAN RETAIL MARKET
• The total retail sales in India will grow from US$ 395.96 billion
in 2011 to US$ 785.12 billion in 2015.
• Fastest growing sector in Indian Economy