1. Form 10 Art Глушакова Т. П. ГУО «Урицкая СШ» Гомельский район
2. What is art? Art is something that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing to our eyes. Art is a medium through which we express our emotions, intellect and ideas. Art is a form of communication with another human being. Art is something that makes us more thoughtful and well-rounded humans. Art is subjective, and means something different to every single person on earth.
3. How to recognize a piece of art It is pleasing to the senses. It expresses the feelings and emotions of the artist. Any type of art essentially tells a story. It can be interpreted in different ways by different people.
4. What is an artist? Anartist is someone who is trying to communicate an idea, an emotion, or a purpose in his/her work.
5. Art as Form and Content Form and content are considered distinct aspects of a work of art. The term form refers to the works style, techniques and media used, and how the elements of design are implemented. Content refers to a works essence, or what is being depicted.
6. Forms of Art visual arts: paintings, sculpture, literature, calligraphy, photography and architecture performing arts: all forms of dance, music, theater, opera and films
7. Visual arts Visual art can be defined as a form of art that uses any medium to represent the artists idea, emotion and imagination.The most famous visual art movements and styles are Impressionism, cubism, surrealism, expressionism, fauvism, art nouveau, realism and relativism. relativism
8. Visual arts can be further classified as: Drawing - a representation of any form or object by hand through the medium of pencil, pen, charcoal, etc. Painting: still life, landscapes, seascapes, abstract and pop art are the different types of painting genres that are popular among artists. Sculpture - a three-dimensional art form that uses materials like clay, stone or wood for its execution. Calligraphy -is the art of producing beautiful handwriting using a brush or a special pen. Photography - the art of producing an image of an object on a photographic film.
9. Applied art - a part of visual art Applied art - art that has practical application as well as functionality. Architecture – “frozen music”. Fashion design - the art of designing apparel that are aesthetically pleasing as well as functional. Jewelry design - the design of intricate pieces of jewelry from metals, wood or plastic. Wood Crafts - any object that is made with wood that is aesthetically pleasing to the eye as well as functional. Interior Design - the art of planning the design, layout and style of an architectural space, be it home or office.
10. Performing arts performing arts are much appreciated and enjoyed by people - dance, music, opera, films, theater, drama, magic shows and stand up comedies. Singers,actors, comics, magicians, dancers and musicians are all people who do performing arts.
11. Performing arts Music - any harmonious sound either vocal or produced from a musical instrument (Blues Music, Classical Music, Country Music, Gospel Music, Rock Music, Rock and Roll, Rap Music, etc). Dance - moving the body in a particular sequence to music (Ballet Dancing, Tango Dancing, Tap Dancing, Belly Dancing, Hip Hop, etc) Singing - the act of producing sound with the voice in a rhythmic manner so as to be pleasing to the ear. Films and Theater - use stories that capture the imagination of people.
12. Conclusion Art is a symbolic representation of ideas and thoughts. It has the power to move us. Different forms of art are an expression of individual’s feelings, imagination and creativity. Art knows no boundaries and different forms of art are always of help whenever we feel the need to stimulate our senses. Credit to: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/different-forms-of-art.html