71. #xapian-2009-12-10 kanru> Hi, can I assume the termlist is sorted in alphabetical order? ojwb> it's sorted by byte ordering (which means unicode code point ordering the utf-8) ojwb> but not by any collating order which your language might have ojwb> so, sort of yes kanru> thanks ojwb> for example, in german I believe the ß character should sort as if it were "ss" kanru> at least it's sorted, that's enough
72. #xapian-2009-12-11 cworth> ojwb: A notmuch user just submitted a Xapian patch that gives a 5-6x performance for the only performance bug we're hitting notmuch (Xapian defect #250): http://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2009/000886.html cworth> I guess I should go add that to the defect page... * ojwb sighs at the first hunk ojwb> yes, attach it to the ticket ojwb> I think richardb has been looking at that recently too cworth> ojwb: Added. cworth> ojwb: I haven't actually looked at the patch. Is it bad? ojwb> well, the first hunk contains only whitespace changes AFAICS ojwb> which is never a good sign ojwb> rather odd setting of cmp to -2, 0 or 2 ojwb> it's probably along the right lines cworth> Oh, right. Not a clean patch. cworth> ojwb: Gotta be sure you don't get "too close" to 0 with a value like 1 or -1, you know? cworth> ;-) cworth> ojwb: Anyway, I hope it leads to a proper upstream patch soon.
73. #xapian-2009-12-11 ojwb> does it pass the testsuite? cworth> ojwb: I haven't checked that yet, but I can. ojwb> if richardb isn't working on it after all, I'll happily review the patch [...] kanru> oh.. hi :) kanru> that patch is against 1.1.3 aka svn branch ojwb> kanru: cool kanru> it passed the test suite ojwb> excellent kanru> rough but works :) cworth> kanru: Oh, hi! I should have noticed you in here. :-)
74. Credits & License <ul><li>Content by Kan-Ru Chen http://kanru.info License: CC BY-NC-SA
75. OpenOffice.org template by Raphaël Hertzog http://raphaelhertzog.com/go/ooo-template License: GPL-2+