On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
I'm not creative because I can't sing or play a musical instrument.
I am not an Artist like Michael Angelo of Beethoven.
I am not creative because I am not Strategic or Brilliant.
No, I am not a Genius like Einstein.
Discovering Your Creative Talents
Myer Briggs Personality Type Indicator:
Introverted Vs Extraverted.
Thinking Vs Feeling.
Sensation Vs Intuition.
Judging Vs Perceiving.
Dominant & Auxiliary Talents
10 Steps for Boosting Creativity
1. Define your problem . Grab a sheet of paper, electronic notebook, computer or whatever you use to make notes, and define your problem in detail.
2. Brainstorm . If properly carried out, brainstorming can help you not only come up with sacks full of new ideas, but can help you decide which is best.
3.You can listen music while brainstorming.
4. Always carry a small notebook and a pen or pencil around with you. That way, if you are struck by an idea, you can quickly note it down.
5. If you're stuck for an idea, open a dictionary , randomly select a word and then try to formulate ideas incorporating this word. You'd be surprised how well this works.
6. If you can't think, go for a walk . A change of atmosphere is good for you and gentle exercise helps shake up the brain cells.
7. Try not to watch to much TV . Experiments show that watching TV causes your brain to slowly trickle out your ears and/or nose. It's not pretty, but it happens.
8. Read as much as you can about everything possible.
9. Exercise your brain . Brains, like bodies, need exercise to keep fit. If you don't exercise your brain, it will get flabby and useless.
10. Don't do drugs. People on drugs think they are creative.
The Secret to Creativity
The secret to creative thinking is to start with good problems. Then you need to turn those problems into thought provoking challenges. After that, great ideas will almost invent themselves.
Before you even think about generating ideas, you need to turn your problem into a challenge. Because if you start generating ideas to solve the wrong problem, you may have great ideas - but they will probably be lousy solutions.
10 CREATIVE MYTHS
1. “I am not creative”.
2. “That's a stupid [or daft, or silly, or ridiculous] idea” .
3. “Creative people always have great ideas” .
4. “Constructive criticism will help my colleague improve her idea.”
5. “We need some new marketing ideas for the upcoming product launch. Let's get the marketing people together and brainstorm ideas.”
10 CREATIVE MYTHS
6. “In order for our innovation strategy to be a success, we need a system of review processes for screening ideas and determining which ideas to implement.”
7. “That's a good idea. Let's run with it”
8. “Drugs will help me be more creative”.
9. “If it ain't broke, don't fix it.”
10. “I don't need a notebook. I always remember my ideas”