Whey protein a necessary step for muscle growth.ppt

3,859 views

Published on

Whey protein is a high quality protein powder from cow's milk.

0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
3,859
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
68
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Whey protein a necessary step for muscle growth.ppt

  1. 1. Whey Protein - A Necessary Step for Muscle Growth<br />
  2. 2. Whey protein is a high quality protein powder from cow's milk.<br />
  3. 3. It makes up approximately 20% of cow's milk, while casein protein makes up approximately 80%.<br />
  4. 4. Whey protein is a higher quality protein and is absorbed much quicker than casein protein, making WHEY the first choice among those looking for fast absorption to repair muscles after intense physical training.<br />
  5. 5. A lot of people overlook the importance of whey protein.<br />
  6. 6. Everyone wants instant results.<br />
  7. 7. A protein shake (used with consistency) is one of the best muscle building supplements.<br />
  8. 8. It should be a staple in your daily diet, not something you take every couple of days when you feel the need.<br />
  9. 9. Take whey protein daily with workout program and you will be rewarded with quality dense muscle and decreased body fat (with proper cardio and healthy diet plan).<br />
  10. 10. When is the best time to drink Whey? You should drink a shake immediately after waking in the morning.<br />
  11. 11. Your body is in a catabolic state after fasting all night.<br />
  12. 12. whey proteins<br />
  13. 13. Drink a protein shake containing 25-40 grams of protein followed by a whole food breakfast 1 hour later.<br />
  14. 14. Experts say that drinking a whey protein shake for breakfast can increase your metabolism by up to 25%.<br />
  15. 15. Next, drink a protein shake 30-45 minutes before your workout.<br />
  16. 16. You want to elevate your levels of amino acids in the bloodstream prior to weight training.<br />
  17. 17. Pre-workout shakes prime your muscles for growth with amino acids, which help fuel your intense workouts.<br />
  18. 18. Taking whey proteins prior to your workout will ensure that your muscles will have a steady stream of protein during your workout so it can start to repair your damaged muscles before you leave the gym.<br />
  19. 19. Last, but certainly not least, is the post-workout shake.<br />
  20. 20. Take 35-50 grams of whey protein immediately after your workouts.<br />
  21. 21. For best results, add in 60-80 grams of dextrose (for simple carbohydrates) to your shake.<br />
  22. 22. optimum nutrition<br />
  23. 23. When you take in large amounts of dextrose your insulin levels will spike.<br />
  24. 24. The insulin will push the nutrients from your post-workout shake into your starving muscles priming them for maximum growth.<br />
  25. 25. Women looking for weight loss should skip on the dextrose, or cut dose in half (depending on fitness goals).<br />
  26. 26. The post-workout shake is crucial for recovery, since all of your muscle growth takes place outside the doors of your favorite gym.<br />
  27. 27. For optimum growth allow 48-72 hours between training body parts and remember, consistency for growth!This is not the same whey protein that is commonly found in health food stores and is also not taken by people who are simply just trying to gain weight or muscle mass.<br />
  28. 28. That whey protein is all denatured.<br />
  29. 29. Undenatured whey proteins comprise one of the two major protein groups of bovine milk, the other group being caseins.<br />
  30. 30. protein shakes<br />
  31. 31. Caseins account for about 80% of the total protein in bovine milk, while whey proteins account for the remaining 20%.<br />
  32. 32. Whey is derived as a natural byproduct of the cheese-making process.<br />
  33. 33. At the time of purchase, most commercial whey protein has already begun to oxidize or may even be completely oxidized.<br />
  34. 34. In either case, it is considered to be "denatured".<br />
  35. 35. Denatured whey protein simply does not offer the same biological benefits as "undenatured" whey protein; just as cooked food does not offer the same biological benefits as raw food.<br />
  36. 36. Denatured whey protein is handled and prepared with a different set of manufacturing processes than undenatured whey protein.<br />
  37. 37. To help ensure quality and product efficacy, please make sure that your undenatured or bioactive whey protein is manufactured and vacuum packaged in individual serving sizes to protect and retain its natural, unmodified, highly beneficial properties.<br />

×