1. Researching Sales with Social Media<br />Bill Rice<br />www.bettercloser.com<br />
2. Basic elements of a sale<br />Solution selling defines it this way:<br />Sales = Pain x Power x Vision x Value x Control<br />So will I. We're going to use social media to help us:<br /><ul><li>Look for pain or highlighting latent pain
3. Seek power
4. Align vision
5. Confirm value and reducing risk
6. Drive the process to close--control</li></li></ul><li>Elements of research system<br />Focusing on social media and real-time information<br /><ul><li>Search
11. Nurturing</li></ul>Future session<br />
12. Looking for pain<br />When I say search you should be thinking:<br /><ul><li>Google
14. Twitter</li></ul>Here's how to turn them into lead generation tools...<br />
15. Finding pain<br />Keywords<br /><ul><li>Turn the pain tree into keywords
16. How do their customers talk about the pain?
17. How do your prospects talk about the pain?
18. Turn the vision into keywords
19. How do you describe the solution vision?
20. How would a prospect describe a like vision?
21. Consider different power levels. They talk differently.
22. Don't forget about the competitor!</li></li></ul><li>Searching for pain<br />Tip<br />Suspect!<br />
23. Searching for pain<br />
24. Searching for pain<br />
25. Seeking power<br />Linkedin.com is THE central repository of power!<br />Step 0: Get on Linkedin.com<br />Step 1: Connect with ALL your (happy) clients<br />Step 2: Get recommendations from ALL your (happy) clients<br />
26. Seeking power...Linkedin.com<br />
27. No power here...MySpace.com<br />
28. Seeking power<br />Advantages of Linkedin.com<br />Demographics<br />Self-segmented<br />Research is all there<br />Track record<br />Identifies pathways<br />
29. Searching Linkedin.com from Google<br />site:linkedin.com "current * architect" "websphere" (inurl:pub | inurl:in) -intitle:directory "greater chicago area"<br />
30. Aligning Vision<br />This is often the hardest part of the sale.<br />It is a give in take of open questions, confirming questions, and controlling questions.<br />You're trying to hone in on the real buying trigger.<br />Two strategies:<br />Attract like vision<br />Identify likely vision<br />
31. Attract like vision<br />
32. Identify likely vision<br />
33. Confirming value and lowering risk<br />There is still a lot of FEAR in the market.<br />To overcome this barrier you have to not only convey value, but also lower risk.<br />Social Proof and Authority work well here.<br />
34. Social Proofing and Authority<br />
35. Do it on their terms<br />
36. Don't forget Google<br />
37. Driving the process to close--control<br />You have lots of intelligence on your target accounts. <br />Now, execute. Get into their field of view.<br />Shape their perception (or yours) of the ideal solution.<br />