Lizards Reading Response Unit WALT process information using higher level thinking activities to extend our comprehension of texts read. We are developing critical and creative thinking. By AmberInstructions: Make a new slide for each task - label clearly with a suitable title. Find images to support your work.
1. How many Lizards have been discoveredThere are almost 4,000 different species of lizards known and probably many more to be discovered.
2. Name the three different rainforest habitats where largenumber of lizards can be found. Tropical Rainforests. Trees and the ground. In the high parts of mountains.
3. Write 4 questions like the ones above. You must be able to find the answers in the report. Questions: Question 1:What is the life-span of a lizard? Question 2: What species hunt lizards? Question 3: Why do people hunt lizards for?Question 4: What is one of the reasons that are so many lizards. Answers: Question 1: The life-span of a lizard is 5-10 years. Question 2: Birds, snakes and mammals hunt lizards. Question 3: Because people want there beautiful skin and they like to have them as pets.Question 4:One of the reasons are that they are so adaptable and will eat whatever food is available.
UnderstandingShow that you understand the informationShow that you understand the information See pages 7 and 8
4. draw a picture or diagram to show how a lizard uses its tail to escape from predators.The lizard willrun away and the tail will Bird taking the grow back lizards tail
5. Use just your heading and trigger words from one paragraph in the report to rewrite theparagraph in your own words. If you have time, have a go at another. Lizards have a very important role in the food chain. They eat most of the insects and rodents that eat our gardens and plants. Most people hunt them for their attractive skin and to keep them as pets. Humans are polluting and destroying our rainforest that most of the lizards live in, which is very bad for the environment and the lizards.
Applyingusing the information in another wayusing the information in another way See pages 10 and 11
6. Write an acrostic poem ( or anykind of poem or rap ) about “loopy Lizards”. azy L range O O val head Patient Yellow Lizards are awesome I nteresting Z ig, zag Active R ange of colors D angerous
Write a Diary entry of being a lizard for a day 7/3/13 Dear Lizard Diary Today was an awesome day I woke up to the hot sun gleaming on my face. Plus today was the union meeting, there was around about 4,000 different types of lizards there. The food was great, I had lots of insects and random juices.So there that was the day, pretty boring, but had some fun to. Tomorrow I think I will go to the water hole. 8/3/13 Dear Lizard Diary Today I had the adventure of my life, I went to the water hole. At the water hole there were groups of birds that we chasing me. I was terrified so I had to jump in the ice cold water. (P.S Its winter hehehe). Any way that was my day.
analysing identifying the features that help lizards survive identifying the features that help lizards survive They can frills and Four legs, forincrease there sails to climbing andbody space to camouflage, walking. warm up to defend quicker. them Lizards Change colours, shapes and five clawed toes, sizes, so predators to climb trees. can’t find them easy.
When the bird comes for the lizard, the lizard will bite it with its fangs and defend it with its spikes Fangs to defend itself when birds come forSpike for the lizard them. to defended for itself Super powered feet