2. What is FOURSQUARE?• social media site/smartphone application• system of “check-ins” reinforced by social stimulation and points• way of earning specials at specific restaurants, stores, and other businesses• method for businesses to deliver advertisements directly to consumers
3. REINFORCEMENT CONTINGENCY: BEFORE BEHAVIOR AFTERno points and points andfriends (and I) check in on friends (and I) can’t see Foursquare. can see check- check-in on in on newsfeed. newsfeed.
4. PAIRING PROCEDURE:points and ability to see social interaction check-in on newsfeed no points and ability to no social interactionsee check-in on newsfeed
5. FIXED-RATIO (FR) SCHEDULE OFREINFORCEMENT CONTINGENCY: BEHAVIOR BEFORE AFTER check in theno badge (or badge (and final time points or points and neededcheck-in on check-in on before newsfeed) newsfeed) reinforcement of a badge
6. FIXED-RATIO (FR) SCHEDULE OFREINFORCEMENT CONTINGENCY: BEHAVIOR BEFORE AFTER check in the no mayorship final time mayorship of of specific necessary specific location before location reinforcement of mayorship
7. AVOIDANCE-OF-LOSS CONTINGENCY: BEHAVIOR BEFORE AFTER check in at will lose will not lose the location mayorship mayorship where I am soon soon mayor
8. Other information about FOURSQUARE:• some businesses offer discounts for checking in at their location• the site will notify users when “friends” are nearby• there weren’t any obviously aversive conditions, but an individual might find certain aspects aversive depending on their experiences