• Much of Alaska has had a wild past.
• I will start a short presentation on the
haunted sites of Fairbanks and continue
with some stories that are very
• I am doing this for a certain student who
always asks questions. Yes, I really do
White Lady of Birch Hill
• The most notable ghost of Fairbanks is
the White Lady of Birch Hill Cemetery.
• She has been sighted since the 1930’s
• She always appears in a 1900’s dress
and fancy hat.
• The second floor of Bartlett hall tends to be
• Reportedly things go missing and you can
• It is rumored to be in the location of a student
who committed suicide in the dorms.
• It is also the floor where a student was
mysteriously murdered in the 1990s.
• This used to be a gambling hall. The
deceased owner seems to show up
every once in a while.
Gold Dredge No. 8
• A man was murdered several years ago and
was found floating in the reclamation pit.
• The story was that he had an affair on his
wife and her brothers deep-sixed him into the
reclamation pit where he resurfaced more
than 5 years later.
• Since that time voices have been
heard.Doors open and close and people hear
talking late at night. Is it haunted? Go ahead
you stay there all night!
Mile 6-8 CHSR
• Lights that look like headlights that
follow people driving late at night.
• The lights then careen away at the last
second before they seem to impact
• They are less like UFOs and more like a
Captain Bartlett Inn
• Some of the rooms have orbs that
move through the halls.
• Supposedly glasses sometimes move
around the bar.
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
• Angels appear in the and backrooms
hallways when a baby dies in the
• Babies can be heard in the room when
no one is there.
• The temperatures also tend to drop to
below 60F when it happens.
Northern Lights Hotel
• Nor t her n Li ght s Hot el - The t hi r d f l oor of
t hi s bui l di ng a l i t t l e gi r l di ed. Af t er t hat
t he hot el cl osed of f t hat par t of t he
bui l di ng. The f r ont desk has r epor t ed get t i ng
phone cal l s f or m t he t hi r d f l oor r oom #303, a
l i t t l e gi r l sayi ng she' s l ooki ng f or her
mot her and t hen hangi ng up. No one was i n t he
t hi r d f l oor .
Key Bank Building
• This was once a hospital and reportedly
late at night the walls look to bleed
blood and that you can also listen to
voices and crying.
The Phantom Cab
• The Phantom Cab license 109 has
appeared throughout Fairbanks. The
driver will go up to your house and
pound on your door asking you to help
him with his family. When you refuse
him he will reluctantly leave. However,
when you ask the cab company they
will inform you that the cab doesn’t
The TCC Building
• Supposedly several of the ladies of the night
lived and died in cabins located near the
banks of the Chena location where the
present building now stands.
• Late at night strange things happen on the
fifth floor. People feel that things follow them
around all night long. Others reported that
elevators appeared to operate and open on
their own. People let their fear take over with
the fifth floor.
Dead Man’s Slough and the
• Many people believe that the first
person killed in Fairbanks was found
floating facedown in the slough that is
located where the present day WVHS is
situated. To this day, many believe that
the ghost of this murdered miner
appears as a white form floating above
the audience watching the plays and
concerts that are held there.
The Disappeared Cat
• There was once a Drama teacher at West
Valley who had a kitten who she brought with
her to a overnight lockin in the Dewilde
• The kitten disappeared for most of the night
and could not be found. Then early the next
morning the kitten was found and it appeared to
be playing with someone who could not be
• Sometimes students in DeWilde will see the
rigging move and bounce on their own. So, if
• The present location of the marriot hotel
used to be a house that was plagued by
the ghost of some mischevious miners.
Supposedly things would move on their
own and other things would be thrown
all over. Now the ghosts only seem to
bother the cooks in the restaurant.
Ryan Middle School
• The mat room at Ryan Middle school is
said to be haunted by a homeless
student who died alone there during a
Christmas break. Sometimes the
wrestling coaches or wrestlers will see
the student who appears lost and talks
but does not seem to actually say