3. We may also monitor and track information such as visitor usage patterns of our web site, advocacy campaign participation, email engagement such as open rates and click- through. We compile this information into a statistical aggregate which we use for internal purposes including improving our web service, member communications and our client service.
4. How does Google protects user privacy? <ul><li>Google: keenly aware of the trust our users place in us, and our responsibility to protect their privacy. </li></ul><ul><li>We believe transparency and choice are the foundations of privacy. </li></ul><ul><li>We strive to let users know what information we collect when they use our products and services, and give users meaningful choices about what information they provide to Google and to others. </li></ul>
5. The celebrating of the privacy act <ul><li>2008 - Celebrating 20 years of the Privacy Act including the </li></ul><ul><li>inaugural presentation of the Australian Privacy Awards </li></ul><ul><li>Privacy act 1988-2008 </li></ul>
6. <ul><li>The Act provides protection for: </li></ul><ul><li>Personal information about you that is handled by Australian and ACT government agencies. </li></ul><ul><li>Personal tax file numbers used by individuals and organisations </li></ul>
7. <ul><li>Personal information about you held by all large private sector organisations , all private sector health service providers and some small businesses. </li></ul>
10. Government sector <ul><li>The government sector had a two-pronged objective: </li></ul>The protection of personal information in the possession of federal government departments and agencies and safeguards for the collection and use of tax file numbers.
11. My research topic is about online privacy, what is online privacy and how is your online privacy protected from the outside world. How is the privacy act protecting you, your organizations, work ,and personal information. The privacy act had stated in 1988, was passed by federal parliament at the end of 1988. The act gave effect to Australia’s agreement to implement Guidelines adopted in 1980 (for the protection of privacy and Transporter Flow of Personal Data).