Large-scale C++ development is tough business, and so is grokking and improving OOo's approximately 6 million lines of code. The author will share the accumulated knowledge of Sun's OOo development team, touching areas such as:
* dependency management: how to architect for encapsulation
* tools for working on the code: IDE/editor review, (semi)-automatic code transformations and refactorings, debuggers
* patterns: the most frequent design patterns and their incarnations
* helpers: the what and the where of helper functionality
* recommended readings: literature, links to OOo resources (API documentation, coding guidelines), mailing lists and news groups
This session should be suitable for all levels of C++ programmers, that want to become familiar with OOo's way of doing things in C++.