Use this template to complete the assignment. Make it appear professionally designed by changing the presentation theme.
List both an appropriate title along with the URL. Use the Insert>>Hyperlink feature in PowerPoint to activate the URL.
Give us an impression of your technology life as a child. Include historical photos and clip art of educational technology.
Recall a learning experience that involved technology (of any kind) in your impressionable years.
Be sure to give credit when adding a quotation.
1. Technology and Me A personal timeline of educational technology
2. Overview <ul><li>My name is Joe Wu </li></ul><ul><li>I started school in 1990 in Naperville, Illinois. </li></ul><ul><li>I graduated from high school in 2002 from Naperville North HS. </li></ul><ul><li>I first went to college at Wheaton College in 2002. </li></ul><ul><li>When I finish my degree, I hope to become a secondary education math teacher! </li></ul>www.wheaton.edu
3. My definition of educational technology Advancing and changing technology applied, taught, and actively used to prepare students for life after school www.oxfordcs.com http://blogs.msdn.com/willy-peter_schaub
4. Web sites on ed tech history History of computers in education Very cool interactive timeline of Google! History of the Internet
5. Kindergarten technology I think I learned how to use an Abacus way back when...no joke www.am.dodea.edu
6. High school technology AOL Instant Messenger and Floppy Discs! www.aol.com www.homeofficebuddy.com
7. College technology Digital Cameras... ...and Apple takes over the world www.kodak.com www.apple.com
8. A vivid technology learning experience <ul><li>There was a point in my life I had no idea what an MP3 was... </li></ul><ul><li>I asked all my friends what it was, but they couldn't explain it...they just had them </li></ul><ul><li>I learned how to convert, download, and play .mp3 files and it changed the face of music as we know it </li></ul>www.clker.com
9. A technology I want to use in my classroom <ul><li>I want to use a smartboard...I want my students to use computers! </li></ul>www.techlearning.com
10. My vision of the classroom of the future <ul><li>The future will be dominated by technology...we need to learn to use it and harness it for education! </li></ul>www.teacherdudebbq.blogspot.com
11. A challenge for teaching <ul><li>As a math teacher, how do you teach math that has been done with pencil and paper for thousands of years in an increasing technological world? </li></ul>
12. Words of wisdom <ul><li>“ The technology itself is not transformative. It’s the school, the pedagogy, that is transformative.” </li></ul><ul><li>- Tanya Byron </li></ul>www.angelaskitchen.worldpress.com