2. <ul><li>Input Explanations </li></ul><ul><li>How do I take Reading Notes? </li></ul>1. Write down key ideas 2. List the best examples or supporting evidence of key ideas EX: I. Feudalism - highlight A) Based on a hierarchy of power Ex: King-Lord-Vassal-Serf
3. 3. Write: The most important idea in this reading was… because… - Do this for each paragraph <ul><li>Write a summary explaining the main </li></ul><ul><li>idea of each paragraph. </li></ul>(Continuation of Input Explanation)
4. 5. List 3 new ideas learned from each paragraph for the assigned reading. 6. Turn each main idea of the paragraph into a question and answer the question from the paragraph. (Continuation of Input Explanation)
5. II. Output Explanation A) What is a RAP? Review and Preview - A RAP is a response to a question or statement that either helps you review what we learned in previous lessons or previews what we are about to learn. EX: Based on our lessons, list 3 reasons why democracy failed in the Roman government. EX: We are about to learn about the Medieval time period. Before we do, answer this statement; “Might makes right.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement and why?
6. B) What is a WIO? Work it out <ul><li>A work it out is when you take difficult concepts from your input side and “work out” their meaning on the left hand side of your notebook. </li></ul><ul><li>That means you have to look at your right hand side notes in order to complete the work it out. </li></ul>(Continuation of Output Explanation)
7. Examples of possible WIO’s Poems Political Cartoons Flow Chart Matrix Acrostic Sensory Figures Webs Music Lyrics
8. C) What is a Journal Response? - A journal response is a time for you to voice your opinion about what we are learning. I will ask you a question and you will write a one page response expressing your opinion. EX: Do you think that the Roman Senate should have murdered Caesar to save the republic? ( Continuation of Output Explanations)