Shear force in CE
• Use a shear force diagram to analyze the beam
• The shear force diagram indicates the shear force
resisted by the beam section along the length of
• Shear force diagrams are analytical tools used in
conjunction with structural analysis to help
perform structural design by determining the
value of shear force.
• Another application of shear and moment
diagrams is that the deflection can be easily
determined using either the moment area method
or the conjugate beam method.
Shear force in ME
• Use a shear force diagram to analyze the
Mechanical Frame or Section or joint.
• It helps to determine the frame or Section of
• It is a analytical tools and can estimate the
deflection of frame.