TAKE YOUR READINGS WHEREVER YOU GO
• Worry about metrics
■ Data Integration and Management,
Product Strategy and Innovation
■ Ph.D. in Computer Science on Data
Integration and Web Automation
■ Ergo: Love Data
A service to read and discover digital books that
works on any device
• Competitive landscape, UX quality, …
Standard financial metrics
• Revenue, Balance, Burn rate, Runway, …
All possible metrics in the world
• As many as asses
What I won’t talk about
Acquire Activate Retain Refer Get Revenue
traffic social business
• What’s the number of active subscribers who read
more than 10% of a book per month?
• How many of our Colombian users switch devices while
they read the same book?
• What’s the most read category, segmented by gender?
• What’s the number of readers per book page? Can you
draw a graph?
• We just learnt there’s a new metric investors are
using… can we process it today?
Not enough to have a nice GUI
• (#shares, #RTs, …)
K-Factor = AR *
• = 1: steady state
• > 1: growth
➤ 1.4 < x < 2.1 => hot &
• < 1: decline
% viral hosts
Contact rate per active host
Duration of each active host’s
infectious time period
The Four Viral App Objectives
Thanks for your time!
Olivier Guin, from The Noun Project
Dima Yagnyuk, from The Noun Project
Redesign from Otl Aicher’s icon, from The Noun Project
Axsys, from The Noun Project
Monika Ciapala, from The Noun Project
Rob Schill, from The Noun Project
Martin Karachorov, from The Noun Project
Alexandre Mendes, from The Noun Project
All other icons from The Noun Project
Publishers trademarks, logos and brands belong to their