Educational Links to Teach
By Teacher Sylvia Johnson Smith
English has become a Universal tool
all over the world. It is spreading so
rapidly around the globe that children
from all nations are learning the
It’s a way to communicate with
people from different countries and
also to be able to pursue good jobs
where English is indispensable for
Links for teaching English to
Content: Task-based role play for
giving directions, ordering food, etc.
Content: Minimal pair practice & quizzes,songs
& poems, tongue twisters.
Content: Word stress, listening practice.
Content: BBC site w/ articles w/activities for ELLs
Content: The guardian Weekly articles
w/activities for various levels.
• Bimonthly Printable newspaper for new ELL
• News articles w/complete lesson plan, high
• Free downloadable Jazz w/photocopiable
Content: Make your own crossword puzzles.
Content: Online Scrabble game for solo players.
Content: Online Crossword Puzzles.
Online Hangman, jumbled Words…….
• Content: Create a comic Strip, students can
practice English by making comic strips.
• Content: Classic short stories by U.S.authors,
• Content:Short stories w/audio and exercises.