3. “My blog is my BABY” people
• Bloggers are passionate people (professional or
non-professional) spending huge amount of
time and infusing a lot of passion into their
4. BRANDS NEED TO UNDERSTAND BLOGGERS
TO MAKE SURE BLOGGERS CHOOSE
TO WORK WITH THEM
• Bloggers need exposure as brands do.
• In order to be recognized, they need to be seen
• Famous Blog first, famous
– They want their content to be
valued, considered as “useful” by
• Bloggers want their blog to be
a reference in the category
– Known for bringing a certain
angle, an added value to the
• Bloggers want very honest
relationships with the brand.
Their POV will be valued no
matter if it’s a positive or a
• Bloggers are looking for
ongoing relationships, not for
one-night brand stands.
– They want to be called by their
first name not by “Hey
Blogger”, especially when they
are approached by brands.
8. FEELING SPECIAL
• As bloggers are trend setters, they want to be
ahead of the game.They expect brands to give
them exclusive content, products, information,…
• Bloggers like to experience the textures, the
products.They need freebies, concrete products
to try to form a POV and give a green or red flag
to the brand.
• Brands are investing in bloggers like a company
would invest in the personal development of its
employees.They are giving tools and material to
bloggers to make them better bloggers.
• Bloggers are Social Creatures, they like organized
events, get-togethers to meet their blogger peers.
They appreciate going to make up classes
together, seeing makeovers realized by
professional make-up artists… being part of a
global beauty brand initiative.
10. HOW TO WORK WITH THEM?
11. HOW TO CHOOSE?
12. Choose your blogger’s influencers
like you would choose your next boyfriend
You want to date someone like you.
You want to date someone that others also want to date.
You want to date someone who also wants to date you.
the “Spray and Pray” strategy
• Choose a small amount of
bloggers whose content you
value (up to 200 people).
• Keep the relationships going
for different and further
campaigns, if you are happy
with the produced work.
– You don’t want to do the job
of selecting your core
blogger base, twice.
14. Don’t disregard
Smaller or Newer blogs
• Brands can get organic
outreach with every
• You never know who will
be BIG next
16. Build relationships with your bloggers
like you would try to pick up a guy/girl…
• Like them, follow them, get into their circles.
• Talk to them (@blogger’s name).
• Compliment them about their content, tone of voice, originality…and tell
them WHY (no neutral brand speech here).
To build your next love story
• Give them a little something: give them
samples to talk about, Modcasts content in
• Make it official: tell other people about this/
these relationships, on your own channels
• Get crazy about them: highlight the bloggers
who made the best of what you gave them,
who talked of your campaign in the best
terms . 10 Facebook and Twitter posts can be
all about different bloggers.
• Stay interested in them: keep reaching out to
them during the campaign and after. Keep
these blogger names in the Community
• Don’t forget their phone number: call them
back later on for future campaigns.