It Starts With Relationships
• Leverage the
relationships you build Manage Brand
Develop Brand to create loyal patrons Image
Awareness • Listen to your audience
• Demonstrate and • Address their needs
embody your brand’s • Crisis management
• 80/20 Marketing
• Building Authority & Presence
• Connect & Engage
Calls to Action With Valuable Content
• Offer valuable content
to get valuable
• Valuable enough to
overcome the anxiety
of giving contact info.
Call To Action Valuable Content
Get your exclusive online deal! Coupon
Learn how to blog for business! Webinar
Download our free guide Brochure, eBook,
to home staging! article, etc.
Which software is right
Product demo or quiz
for your business?
Grade your website
Widget or application
with our free tool!
What are the leading indicators
of heart disease?
Effective Landing Pages
• Limited navigation
• No other calls to action
• No distractions
• “Above the fold”
• Limit number of fields
Brand Management • Respond
• Create a daily plan
• Brand is developed by what others say about you, not what
you say about you.
• Stay updated on the latest in social media
– Read at least 2 articles a day
• 1 on your industry – info to share with your community
• 1 on social media
• Learn from professionals regularly
– Attend one free webinar each week
• Watch for announcements on Twitter
• Everything is good…in moderation!
• Over-using means:
– No engagement
– No relationship building
Ways to Integrate
• Direct mail • Live Events
• Internal signage – Eventbrite
• TV spots – Hashtags during and
after live events
• Email newsletters – Slideshare
• In your radio spots
• On your website
Identify Measurable Objectives
• Make conceptual into measurable
– “Get more leads” or “make more money” is not a
measurable goal. It’s the product of reaching your goals.
– Increase call to action clicks by 30% over the next 12
– Use tools such as Google Analytics, Quantcast.com. bit.ly
Identify Target Audience
• Who is your ideal client/customer?
• Don’t know?
– Who uses your product/service most often?
– What types of people have you been unsuccessful
• FREE • Paid:
– LISTEN to people in – Mintel
Green Consumers in Hampton Roads
• What motivates young green consumers?
– Material/status symbols
• Message: Where to shop or latest cool products.
• What motivates middle-aged green consumers?
– Green actions: Recycling, volunteering, building
• Message: Actionable tips
• Engage, Engage, • Valuable content
• Don’t be afraid
• Blogs are key
• Largest investment is
• 80/20 time
• No hard sell • Need trustworthy
person who knows and
cares about your brand
Walkin’ the Walk
Log: the industry wire
Pass: s m a t b