Stunningly Simple Yet Sexy SEO
• How many of you have a website?
• Do you know how much business comes directly
from your site?
• What is SEO and why do you need it?!
• What SEO is in simple terms
• Why it is important that you understand it
• How you can make changes to your site to
immediately improve its search engine
How does Google work?
•They are there to provide a service to their customers
•They need to provide high quality, relevant results for
people who are searching
How do they do that?
Google looks for:
•content that contains relevant words and phrases – so
•‘Important’ sites – those that have a lot of high quality
links from ‘authority’ sites
•Up to date content – how often is it changed?
No 1 - 41% of clicks
No 2 – 12%
No.3 – 8.5%
Estimated that worldwide there are 1 Billion local
searches every month
80% of people search online first before making a
purchase vs for example using yellow pages
Just provide relevant, up to
date content and get links
from lots of authority sites!
“You can’t improve
what you can’t measure”
50% content + 50% Link
– Identify your keywords – what would people be
searching for? Be realistic…
– Use the keywords frequently but appropriately
– Use associated words
– Make some of the keywords bold underlined or italic
– Use header tags
– Make sure you have metatags & appropriate page
– Update your content regularly – Google loves blogs!!
Are you speaking the same language?
Your Language Your Customers’ Language
• Backlinks – not all are equal!
– Submitting articles to online article sites such as
– Listings in local directories
– Commenting on relevant blogs
– Social networking e.g. Twitter, Facebook Fan pages,
– Answering questions on forums or question sites e.g.
– Video marketing – Youtube and other video
• e.g. use animoto to produce free 30 second
commercials view an example here
• Or Jing for screen capture videos
• Make a Youtube channel of videos that your customers
may find useful.
– Press Releases – Prweb.com
– Squidoo and hub pages
Front Page – guaranteed…
• Google places
– Appropriate keywords, video, images
– Google example
• Google Adwords