2. VS Presented by : Prima Yogi Loviniltra http://juranktech.com/ [email_address]
4. Security <ul><li>Users usually do not hold the root / admin
5. To run (execute) the program / apps / virus / script, usually require permissions and the file should be set as executable. If not, the file is only readable as text files / unknown.
6. Flash drive (USB storage) typically use fat32 for compatibility. Usually the files in fat32 not as executable.
7. Dependency on linux also can cause the virus is difficult to run. </li></ul>
8. Security <ul><li>Virus for Windows usually does not work natively for linux. there are some viruses that can be run in linux when running with WINE (WINE Is Not Emulator). But how to solve that is simple: delete the folder. wine in your home folder.
9. Linux diversity is extraordinary, both from the package manager or the setting. Therefore difficult for the virus to spread to other computers. windows virus is easily spread because, setting in windows are all identical.
10. Security exploits in Linux is usually based on the application, not based on linux / kernel.
11. In Windows there are many viruses that use visual basic (vbs), active x, and autorun. Not a few macro viruses from files of microsoft office. The average computer that has windows installed such programs (especially vbs and active x). </li></ul>
12. Security <ul><li>Linux is very modular : if you do not need a webserver like apache, you do not need to install, you can uninstall even if not needed. Different from the windows, some vulnerabilities came from a package that is a must-have.
13. Development of a virus for linux is still minimal, it can be said for Linux viruses that circulated not too dangerous when compared to Windows.
14. Linux users typically more technology savvy, so they can say they are more aware of safe computing than Windows users. So, if you say that the virus can not get linux (ubuntu, fedora, etc.), you are only half true. </li></ul>
15. Security <ul><li>Actually Linux is not free from virus attacks, but the case of a virus or malware infection is very rare in Linux. This is because the configuration and module structure on the Linux distribution to be changed by anyone at will the will of the heart, causing the performance of the virus becomes less efficient / effective on the Linux operating system. For example, lack of shared libraries required by the virus to run because it is not installed by default. In addition, a version of Linux distro is often released in 1 year so that adds dynamic changes in distribution structure. </li></ul>
16. Price of Operating System Price Windows 7 Home Premium $199.99 Windows 7 Ultimate $ 319.99 Windows 7 Proffesional $299.99 Windows Server 2008R2 Standard $1209 Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise $3999 Source : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/default.aspx http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/pricing.asp *Not include upgrade price
17. Price of Operating System Price Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop $ 80- $ 339 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server $ 349- $ 2499 Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Desktop $ 50- $ 220 Oracle Enterprise Server $ 119- $ 2299 Mandriva Enterprise Server 5 $ 419 Xandros Desktop Professional Version 4 $ 99.99 Xandros Server 2 Standard Edition $ 449- $ 2098 *Subscription price updates and technical support for 1 year Source : https://www.redhat.com/wapps/store/catalog.html http://shop.novell.com https://shop.oracle.com http://store.mandriva.com/ http://shop.xandros.com/
18. Price of Operating System Price Ubuntu Desktop $ 0 Ubuntu Server $ 0 Blankon Linux $ 0 CentOs $ 0 Debian $ 0 Slackware $ 0 PCLinuxOS $ 0 Mint $ 0 * Most Linux distributions provide FREE releases and updates
19. Price of Application Operating System Price Microsoft Office 2010 $149.99-499.99 Norton Internet Security 2010 $ 70 Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro $ 900 Adobe Photoshop CS5 $ 185-1850 Microsoft Visual Studio $ 1199 Corel Draw Graphic Suite X5 $ 229 Source: http://office.microsoft.com http://estore.corel.com http://www.symantec.com/norton/internet-security https://store4.adobe.com http://apoc.microsoftstore.com/my/en-MY/Search?tsq=Visual+Studio&WT.mc_id=pointitsem_MY_EN_visualstudio_buy_2010&WT.srch=1/
20. Price of Application Operating System Price Open Office $ 0 Libre Office $ 0 IBM Lotus Symphony $ 0 InkScape $ 0 GIMP $ 0 MonoDevelop $ 0 Source : http://www.openoffice.org http://symphony.lotus.com http://www.inkscape.org http://www.gimp.org http://www.libreoffice.org/download/
21. Desktop Office Price Component Brand Price Hardware ASUS A42JY-VX244 $ 561 Operating System Windows 7 Professional $ 299 Office Application Microsoft Office 2010 $ 499 Training Microsoft Learning Partner $ 500 Component Brand Price Hardware ASUS A42JY-VX244 $ 561 Operating System Ubuntu 10.10 $ 0 Office Application IBM Lotus Symphoni $ 0 Training Training $ 250 Total $ 1859 Total $ 811
22. Can We Pirate?? “ Akta Hakcipta 1987 Malaysia berkuatkuasa semenjak 1 Disember 1987, menggantikan Akta Hakcipta 1969. Akta 1987 dengan secara jelas memberi perlindungan kepada perisian-perisian komputer atau kompilasi perisian-perisian komputer.” “ Jika anda atau syarikat anda didapati mempunyai perisian komputer yang tidak sah, anda boleh dihadapkan ke mahkamah” Business Software Alliance, 2011
23. Can We Pirate??
24. Can We Pirate??
25. Can We Pirate?? <ul><li>Free use for the purpose any studied
26. Free to be adopted
27. Free disseminated
28. Free modified to be improved performance </li></ul>
29. Desktop Screenshoot
30. Desktop Screenshoot
31. Desktop Screenshoot
32. Desktop Screenshoot
34. Another Comparison Comparison GNU/Linux Windows Instalation Graphic, teks Graphic Media Instalation CD, DVD, USB, Network CD, DVD, USB, Network Media Live CD, DVD, USB - Hardware Driver available available Filesystem Ext3, Ext 4 NTFS Boot Duration Ubuntu 10.04=15s Windows=30s Virtual Memory Swap Partition Page File Aplication Many Many Game Many Many More Security More Secure Maybe Time Realease Every 6 Month Every 4 Years
35. Another Comparison Comparison GNU/Linux Windows Bugs Patching Graphic, teks Graphic Distribution/Brand/Type CD, DVD, USB, Network CD, DVD Shell Scripts CD, DVD, USB - Platform available available Supercomputing Use 91.8% 1% Server Market Share 34% 7% Customization Advanced Basic Downtime Restart every upgrade new kernel Restart every install new software Administrator Root All User Security More Secure Maybe Time Realease Every 6 Month Every 4 Years
36. Who use Apparently, most people who ever use computers have at one time of their life use this operating system
37. Who use Me and ....and many more
38. Who is the Winner?? <ul><li>Windows and Proprietary Software is licensed and previous business model that (would) always exist and are used by most humans.
39. GNU / Linux and FOSS is the licensing and new business model that aims not to destroy Windows and Proprietary software but to help people apply the technology freely and openly. </li></ul>
40. “ I don't try to be a threat to MicroSoft , mainly because I don't really see MS as competition . Especially not Windows-the goals of Linux and Windows are simply so different .” -Linus Torvald Thank You..... http://juranktech.com