Activity 13 common online terminologiesPresentation Transcript
Julius Dave O. Alca
Bachelor of Secondary Education
University of Santo Tomas
- ‘’Electronic Mail’’ is a method of sending of
messages through internet. Only the sender and the
receiver can read the messages.
- Blog is a discussion or informational site, where you can
make your own personal blog, like a diary or
commentary written by an individual.
- In the world of blogging, many of them have common
interest in their blog.
3. Online Chat
- Online Chat a communication through internet that offers
a real-time transmission of text messages from sender to
- Different kind of online chat, is Video chat, and Group
4. Social Bookmarking
- Social Bookmarking use for bookmarking a sites.
- Most social bookmarks services encourage users to
- URL stands for ‘’UNIFORM RESOURCE LOCATOR’’
- It also known as ‘’WEB ADRRESS’’
- Streaming is a multimedia that constantly receive by and
presented by the provider.
- Live streaming refers to content delivered through
internet. Requires camera or video recorder.
- Podcast is a digital medium of an episode or a series of
audio, PDF, and video etc….
- ‘’PODCASTING’’ was first mentioned by Ben
- VoIP stands for ‘’Voice over Internet Protocol.
- Voice over Internet Protocol system employ session
control and signal protocol to control the signal, setup, and tear-down of calls.
- Wiki is usually a web application which allow to
add, modify and delete a content.
- Wikipedia is the most popular wiki on the public web.
- Ward Cunningham, the first developer of the wiki.
11. Social Networking
- Social Networks is the most applicable to communicate
with your family, friends, and relatives.
- Twitter And Facebook is the most popular social
networks in our generations.
- WWW also known as ‘’ WORLD WIDE WEB’’
- System of interlinked hypertext documents accessed via
- HTML also known as ‘’ HyperText Markup Language’’
- Is the main markup language for creating web pages.
14. Web Feed
- A web feed or news feed is a data format used for
providing users frequently updated content