6. Innovation (Google)• Pagerank Algorithm• Street View• Google Instant• Automatic weather• Automatic calculations
7. Innovation• Search within Search• Playing videos within video search• Related searches for each search• Facebook likes added to search engine• Wikipedia added to search engine
8. User ExperienceBased on PCWorld analysis of both search enginesCategory Google BingSearching for Info on 3/5 4/5specific sitesInformational Searches 5/5 3/5Transactional 4/5 5/5SearchesProduct Searches 4/5 4/5Spam 5/5 5/5Layout and Navigation 4/5 5/5Total 25/30 26/30
9. Advertising• Bing is advertised as a decision based search• Promoted for its “superior” searches
10. Advertising (Google)• Google does not promote their search engine.• Google runs 2/3 of the internet advertising.• Google is the most visited website in the world.
11. Homepage FeaturesGoogle BingClean, uncluttered, Giant Picture whichsimple. slows down the website.Links to services Links to servicesimages, maps, Shopping, images,youtube, gmail. videos.Background Image Links to interestingFunction. places like Yellowstone Park.
12. Conclusion• Google is the overall better search engine.• Google is constantly innovating and adding new features to its search.• Bing offers a unique experience.• Bing will continue to gain market share.