• Effective Communication - satisfactory and needs improvement -some boards do not convey the message clearly• Attractiveness -satisfactory -the colors and arrangements slightly catches and hold interest. In other words it could end up as “boring board” instead of “bulletin board”.• Balance - satisfactory - the objects are arranged
• Unity - needs improvement - the boards has no boarders• Interactivity - satisfactory - some style and approach of the boards do not entice learners to be involved• Legibility - satisfactory - few letters can not be seen from a distance
• Correctness -very satisfactory - the writings are not incertitude• Durability - needs improvement - most of the boards need to be repaired/replace -- due to the span of time that it has been in service, some parts are already damaged
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:• Bulletin boards are very important when it comes to holding and relaying important information’s that would serve as a reminder to both students and faculties. Yes, it served its core function but unfortunately students and faculties show less interest in reading what is written or posted in the bulletin because of its appearance and outlook.
OBSERVATIONS• Strengths: - its location can be seen easily by the students, faculties and other people• Weaknesses: - some writings are unreadable and the colors are bland.
Judgments/Evaluation of Educational Content• Strengths - there are boards that are attractive• Weaknesses - most of the boards need to be repaired for the writings to be seen clearly
RECOMMENDATIONS/ SUGGESTIONS• The school may hired carpenters to repair the broken parts of the boards.• Use colorful materials for captivation
ANALYSIS• 1. Did the board display design reflect the likes/interests of its targets audience? Why? Why not?• Yes, there are board design reflect the likes/interest of the audience. Because the draft fits in to the board wherein the content is all about the achievements of the students.
• 2. Was the language used clear and simple for the target audience to understand? Why? Why not?• Yes, the language used was clear and simple. So that the audience could easily read the writings on the board.
• 3. What do you think was the purpose of the board display? Was it effective? Why? Why not?• Some boards gives information to the audience about mission and vision of the school. Other also inspire them to do their best in academics.• Maybe it was effective. I can not tell the effectiveness of the purpose of the board display because I haven’t interviewed students for me to know its panel’s reflection.• But for me, yes it was effective. Because there are display that stimulate the audience to be involved in sports for their names to be posted and be seen by numerous people.
MY PROPOSED BOARD DISPLAY• Theme: “Extra discipline makes up for a lack of talent and a lack of discipline quickly siphons away extra talent.”• Board Title: Volleyball• Rationale: To enhance the skills in playing volleyball• Objectives:• 1. To stimulate the students to join in playing volleyball• 2. To develop the skills of the students• 3. To appreciate the volleyball sport
• Best features of my proposed bulletin enhancement: - Announced Information, Skills to be practice and the Audience• Content Resource (Name each needed resource and give each a brief description) Volleyball is an Olympic team sport in which two teams of six players are separated by a net.• Materials for aesthetic enhancement: - Wood/Board, inscription, sample pictures, coloring materials and glass for covering
“Extra discipline makes up for a lack of talent and a lack of discipline quickly siphons away extra talent.” VolleyballWhat: Volleyball gameWhen: Every Saturday, 9 amWhere: Volleyball Court
Sy, Josel Grace B.The 5 skills that a teacher should have to be able to come up with effective board displays are:• Observable – observe on how to conceive the presentation and impact the teacher want to develop in the audience’s mind.• Critical thinking – analyze, evaluate and reflect on the concept about the information to be posted• Creativity – in the field of art, originality is considered to be a sufficient condition for creativity.• Excellent grammar skills –• Communication skill - teachers know that words combined with visual content can often communicate more than words alone.
• The skills that I already have are observable and creativity. In my past experiences in making board displays, my classmates like the way I create my own presentation in board display. I practice these skills through making scrapbook and journals.• The skill I still need to develop is communication skill. I need to practice in this skill because I’m not good in it. At times, I get troublesome in imparting knowledge to the audience because my voice can not be heard at the back seats. I have to shout for them to hear me.
Navarro, Crystal Jayka Farlash L.• A teacher should have at least 5 skills to be able to come up with effective board displays. These are the following: Creativity, Resourceful, Originality, and Good in communication and artistic. Teachers needs to be creative to present concepts and content in an interesting way, resourceful to use the means at one’s disposal to meet the situations and to conserve teacher’s time, effort and money. Next is originality. it is a work created with unique style and substance in order for the students to be attracted on the board. An educator needs good communication; she/he should know that words combined with visual content can often communicate more than words and students can easily comprehend the message. Lastly, a teacher needs to be artistic to visualize the presentation effectively and impacts they want to create then apply those to the display. They are somewhat like interior or designer.
• However, I think the skills that I have already are being creative and resourceful as I have remembered in my past experiences in making board displays and scrapbooks. I practiced these skills by making those stuffs. When I was working with my scrapbook, I collect recycled materials and used it for designs. I was able to make it look new and presentable.• The skills that I still need to improve are the good communication and being artistic because I admit I have poor skills in art and grammar. I still have imperfect grammar sometimes and it makes people confused. I should improve this skull by practicing and studying the correct ones to make it better. I am not that artistic also that’s why I will make my self-used to it.
Namit, Gerald June D.• Creativity. Instructional content can be dry and boring in a classroom setting. Creative teachers try to present concepts and content in an interesting way.• Visual skills. Teachers are somewhat like interior designers; they must be able to visualize the presentation and impact they want to create, then apply those to the display.• Organizational skills. This goes along with #2, but organization includes comparing and contrasting, grouping, and arranging content in a meaningful way.• Communication. Teachers know that words combined with visual content can often communicate more than words alone. As well, the teacher must be a good communicator.• Minimalistic views. Good teachers know they must minimize content to the basic building blocks they want to teach. Rather than a display aimed at students who understand the most, the best, or the easiest, the display would be geared to include students who understand the least, the poorest, and the hardest.
• I think creativity is the skill that I already have. I practice this skill by applying it in every class and activity that we have in school.• I still need to develop my skill in Organization. Still need to practice and apply it in every activity or board displays that we should do.
Ambito, AristeoThe 5 skills that a teacher should have to be able to come up with effective board displays are:• Creativity• Organizational skills• Uniqueness• Good grammar skills• Resourceful
• The skills that I have already are creativity, resourceful and organization skills. I practice these skills through making scrapbook.• The skill that I need to practice is the good grammar skill. Sometimes I am having a hard time constructing sentences.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.