105 Everett Avenue JULIE A. GENESSE 860-461-4298
West Hartford, CT 06107 email@example.com 860-614-2612
Strategic, results oriented Human Resources/Organizational Development professional with success leading and
managing progressive, large-scale HR initiatives in a Fortune 500 organization. Avid learner who enjoys new and
complex challenges. Known for being a courageous thought leader as well as emotionally intelligent and self-
aware. A flexible and resilient change agent who invites and integrates feedback.
Key Professional Expertise:
• Talent Management strategy and • •
Organizational New leader
• Promoting new concepts and approaches • •
Analytical/critical thinking Leading workgroups
• Developing and executing work plans •
• Succession Management Team facilitation
• Relationship building/client relations • •
Defining key metrics 360 Assessment
AETNA INSURANCE, Hartford, CT 2004 – 2009
Human Resources Leadership Development Program - Leadership Development Consultant (2006 – 2009)
Provided best practice, innovative tools and consulting enterprise wide, to advance Talent Management culture.
Developed and implemented Talent Management initiatives, to successfully execute Operations business strategy.
• Played major leadership role in developing and implementing a cutting edge, enterprise Succession
Management strategy and system. Key outcomes included:
Broader and deeper knowledge of top leadership talent
Increased pipeline of top talent for critical leadership roles
Expanded, more effective utilization of talent across functions and business lines
• Effectively consulted on design and implementation of a new system enabled enterprise 360 assessment tool.
Yielded increased capabilities of leadership talent by focusing on priority development needs.
• Co-created framework for biweekly forum to “broker” talent across functions and business areas, designed to
increase movement of talent into larger and broader roles across the organization.
• Conducted new leader assimilation processes for senior executives yielding: heightened team/leader awareness,
improved communication practices, increased career development, and enhanced overall team effectiveness.
Human Resources Leadership Development Program - Human Resources Business Partner (2005 – 2006)
Developed and implemented human capital strategies, to successfully execute Group Insurance business strategy.
Provided broad scale HR consulting and problem solving to business leaders, operating as a full member of business
leaders’ management teams. Evaluated impact of HR initiatives on client operations and results.
• Led end-to-end 360 assessment process for management teams. Facilitated group and individual debriefs and
skills coaching. Yielded significant behavioral changes and improved team effectiveness.
• Partnered with HR centers of expertise, to create and deliver customized leadership training series across
multiple client locations. Significantly improved critical management skills, employee morale and productivity.
• Developed pay progression model for customer service representatives, improving employee understanding of
career path expectations and associated pay levels.
• Led major succession management initiative for all levels of management. Created operating mechanisms that
effectively matched successor candidates with critical experiences needed for higher level roles. Achieved
substantially broader and deeper identification, development, and utilization of top management talent.
Human Resources Leadership Development Program - Multi-functional Project Manager (2004 - 2005)
Managed and led design and delivery of annual enterprise-wide employee engagement survey.
• Effectively streamlined survey administration process, leading to 90% process efficiency improvements and 6%
year-over-year increase in participation rates.
firstname.lastname@example.org JULIE A. GENESSE Pg 2
• Successfully presented key survey findings and recommendations to senior executives, garnering full
commitment to drive action planning throughout the organization. Intense focus on survey follow-up activities,
yielded three-year scorecard goal achievement within first year (i.e., 10% increase survey results).
DUDLEY HAMILTON ASSOCIATES, New York, NY 2000
Organizational Development Consulting Intern
Supported critical client engagements, complimentary to Columbia’s Organizational Psychology Masters program.
• Collaborated with consultants in organizational assessment, driven by a diversity awareness initiative for a
national non-profit organization. Co-facilitated focus groups and interviews, and formulated diagnosis.
Successfully developed and presented client recommendations.
• Supported consulting team in conflict resolution mediation for two large non-profit organizations. Facilitated
interviews and synthesized findings. Yielded improved working relationships between partnering entities.
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Merrimack, NH 1999 – 2000
Health and Welfare Implementation Analyst
Designed and delivered benefits literature to Health and Welfare outsourcing clients and members. Organized and
delegated responsibilities across multiple cross-functional teams for initial rollout of benefits literature.
• Partnered with web developers to design new employee benefits website for a large multinational manufacturing
firm. Facilitated training sessions for client human resource partners, leading to successful rollout of website.
• Collaborated closely with matrix partners to rapidly respond to customer feedback and troubleshoot issues,
ultimately yielding successful delivery of benefits literature to largest, most complex Fidelity client.
ARTHUR ANDERSEN LLP, Hartford, CT 1998 – 1999
Supported client engagements for Finance consulting group of Arthur Andersen.
• Successfully redesigned processes and related organizational redesign changes for a large property and casualty
insurance company, which led to increased efficiencies for the large premiums division.
• Played key role in design of software vendor selection and proposal process that improved vendor selection and
partnering, allowing for better management of people financial systems.
GENERAL ELECTRIC, ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION & CONTROL, Plainville, CT 1997 – 1998
Financial Management Training Program - Employment and Base Cost Analyst
Managed reporting and analysis of employment and base costs for Americas locations of business.
• Partnered with a Six-Sigma quality team to positively influence customer satisfaction and reduce claim
volumes. Achieved process improvements in accuracy and cycle time of distributor rebate processing.
• Developed and implemented new systems tools and process that automatically uploaded financial estimates and
operating plan budgets into corporate database. Yielded 25% increased efficiency in budget loading times.
• Creatively supported leadership in the budgeting process thereby reducing legal expenses by 10%.
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, NY
Master of Arts, Organizational Psychology, Kappa Delta Pi (International Honors Society), GPA: 3.9
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT, Storrs, CT
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Honors Scholar in Finance and Cum Laude
ECOLE SUPERIEUR DE COMMERCE, Grenoble, France
New England Consortium Study Abroad Program
Concentration: International Business, Culture and Language Studies, GPA: 3.4
UCONN HEALTH CENTER, Respiratory Therapist, Farmington, CT 2001 – 2004
email@example.com JULIE A. GENESSE Pg 2
Advanced competency in software applications: Talent Manager 8.0, Microsoft Office Suite